Management accountant for a logistics provider based in the Northamptonshire area. Offering a hybrid working pattern a great opportunity to be a part of a large organisation.
Logistics provider based in Northamptonshire employing over 22000 employees with almost 20 million square feet of warehousing. Rapidly growing and becoming a leading logistics partner in the UK.
- Manage the weekly production of costings for several P&Ls
- Submit weekly costings and KPI information to operational teams and head office
- Creation and maintenance of accurate MI for the operational team
- Produce monthly management accounts for all profit centres
- Investigate and explain variances in the management accounts
- Produce monthly review pack of financial and operational management information for discussion with customers at review meetings
- Produce annual budgets and periodic reforecasts for all profit centres
- Invoice and credit control customers and update Company cash forecast
- Deal with site suppliers including self-billing subcontract hauliers on a weekly basis
- Maintain accurate purchase ordering
- Numerous ad-hoc reports and project tasks as required (from the Site General Manager / Commercial Accounting Manager)
- Some travel
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail and analytical approach
- Clear and succinct communicator at all levels
- Experienced in accounts preparation, including journals, accruals, prepayments, depreciation and income deferral.
- Questioning and enquiring approach with a real desire to seek out new methods that will allow more efficient provision of accurate financial data.
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team, sharing knowledge and improvement ideas for the benefit of the Company and its staff.
- Hard working and flexible, with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to coach and mentor at different levels within the Company, to provide an understanding of finance to non-finance staff.
- Willingness to learn about the Company and industry with a desire to excel and develop.
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5-10% performance related bonus
- 4x life assurance
- On-site car park
- A chance to become a part of a large growing organisation