The Head of Financial Planning, Risk & Analysis reports into the Director of Corporate Finance and Treasury and drives the delivery of the Board's strategic direction and objectives by realising these in the financial plan.
My Client is a large social housing provider
- Leads on financial planning and forecasting for the group to support the approved objectives in the business plan.
- It also provides analysis to the group on proposed changes to the group and provides a horizon scanning function from a financial risk perspective, analysing the impact of potential risks on the deliverability of the groups corporate plan.
- Drives organisational strategy, working closely with the change and PMO function, through development of the strategic business plan and ensuring this informs the financial plan, including overall management of timeframes and business requirements, setting targets, and monitoring of key performance indicators.
- Leads the approach to the annual financial planning cycle and works closely with colleagues in developing the associated review of the treasury strategy to deliver the plan and deliver timely finance modelling to inform horizon scanning, new business cases and commercial opportunities.
- Leads on the regulatory submissions for both the quarterly survey and financial forecast return, ensuring transparent and accurate reporting for executive and Board approval.
- Leads on embedding value for money throughout the organisation, through close collaboration with the Finance Business Partnering Team to drive process and cost efficiencies through detailed benchmarking, data analysis and collaboration with other business support functions to drive change projects underpinning the organisational strategic objectives.
- Requires effective influencing of internal and external stakeholders ensuring engagement with the executive board, leadership team and finance business partners to understand change impacts and business readiness to adopt planned changes and realise benefits of any implementations.
- Qualified accountant
- Previous Social Housing experience
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Ability to distill complex data into concise reports
- Strong man management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
£62,000 - £78,000 plus benefits