This is a pivotal role, with a high degree of autonomy, leadership and accountability within a successful and established retail brand. As an experienced Qualified Accountant, you will be responsible for the delivery of a complete financial and management accounting service. You'll lead in the production of accurate and relevant financial information for management and statutory accounts purposes.
Australia, Singapore, Spain - just three of the 30+ countries where you can find stores. An International business who have experienced rapid growth in recent years, with many more opportunities for expansion in the pipeline. Found at airports, stations, hospitals and shopping malls all over the world, with stores run directly, through joint ventures or via 'Franchise Partnership' models playing an integral part of the company's growth strategy.
Based in the Group Head Office in Swindon with occasional travel to London Head Office. A pivotal role, with a high degree of autonomy, leadership and accountability within a successful and established retail brand. As an experienced Qualified Accountant, you will be responsible for the delivery of a complete financial and management accounting service. You'll lead in the production of accurate and relevant financial information for management and statutory accounts purposes.
You'll play a key part within the team by managing an effective financial support function and will report to the International Head of Finance. Working very closely with colleagues based in the UK and overseas, you'll focus on providing reliable, accurate financial information of excellent quality and clarity.
- Effectively manage and develop the International Accounting team so that the team is high performing and meeting individual and team objectives. Managing a team of 4, strong leadership and management skills are a must.
- Overseeing the team through the preparation of monthly management accounts, KPIs and other relevant financial information ensuring accuracy is maintained at all times and that reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensuring robust monthly balance sheet control procedures and reconciliations are completed on time. You'll be proactive identifying and implementing control and process improvements, working with colleagues across the business.
- Identify and mitigate areas of risk. This includes but is not limited to; balance sheet risk and foreign currency fluctuation risk
- Lead and deliver effective working capital and cash flow management, including coordination and consolidation of the weekly cash forecasting process.
- Provide support on technical issues. Advise on areas of finance, regulation and policy when necessary
- Ensure the capital structure of international subsidiaries meets local regulatory requirements and is tax efficient
- Liaise with local advisors to ensure local regulatory requirements are being complied with
- Planning and managing the production of statutory accounts for all international subsidiaries which includes liaising with external advisers and auditors and filing accounts within internal and statutory deadlines.
- Planning and managing the production of the 3 Year Plan, Budgets and Forecasts of the cash flow and balance sheets for all international subsidiaries. Review and challenge the assumptions made.
You will be a qualified accountant who has a breadth of relevant experience, as well as statutory reporting experience either coming straight from practice or have held a similar position within industry and is looking for their next challenge. You will possess strong leadership and management experience with the ability to manage all levels of seniority. Your data analysis skills will be second to none enabling you to interpret and present complex data to help drive business decisions. And finally your communication is what is key to be successful in this role; your ability to influence, challenge where appropriate and engage all key stakeholders with credibility is a must.
You'll have excellent analytical skills and a strong user of Microsoft Excel, including Pivot Tables, V-Lookups and Sum Ifs. You must have a keen eye for detail and accuracy, to ensure all financial data is summarised in a logical and informative manner appropriate for a variety of audiences.
- A competitive salary
- Cash/Car allowance; £5,868 per annum
- Annual bonus based on company performance up to 30% of salary
- Private medical
- 25 days holiday, plus Birthday off, plus Bank Holidays with an opportunity to buy extra days holiday
- Competitive pension contribution up to 5%
- Staff discount card for stores and online