A key role within the Management Accounts team looking after Head Office costs alongside a direct report. You will be responsible in providing timely and accurate monthly reporting of costs to key stakeholders within the business, as well as maintain a high level of adherence to processes and controls. There will also be the opportunity to get involved in projects including finance transformation and system development.
A British, founder-led retail business in Cheltenham with a Global presence and reputation who have been producing some of the markets finest products for over two decades. With a mission to be the No. 1 sustainable style destination, delivering products that are authentic with unmatched quality and true integrity, much like their people.
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join the Finance department in Cheltenham, striving to be the highest performing finance department in the retail industry while maintaining high levels of financial integrity. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and build a career in a fast-paced retail environment.
The Senior Management Accountant is a key role within the Management Accounts team, which in this case will be looking after Head Office costs alongside a direct report. You will be responsible in providing timely and accurate monthly reporting of costs to key stakeholders within the business, as well as maintain a high level of adherence to processes and controls. There will also be the opportunity to get involved in projects including finance transformation and system development. The role requires great analytical skills, strong communication and a logical, solutions-focussed approach.
- Be responsible for the delivery of a well understood and explainable position for the Group.
- Be accountable for explaining monthly results at review meetings with Management Accounts, FP&A, and Commercial Finance.
- Maintain and reconcile the balance sheet control accounts, ensuring any risks and opportunities are understood, documented, and communicated to the relevant business partners as appropriate.
- Ensure that any anomalies arising from month end reporting and reconciliations have been investigated and reported on, with feedback to sub ledger teams where necessary.
- Constantly review and question current processes and improve upon them as necessary to ensure that controls are strong and month end is as efficient as possible.
- Ensure that the business complies with accounting standards and legislative frameworks.
- Contribute to a smooth and clean audit as required, by working with the company's external and internal auditors, thus minimising risk.
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process as necessary.
- Support other areas of the finance team with ad hoc requests where necessary.
- Lead and develop a direct report as part of the role, ensuring that they are motivated and performing at a high level.
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA fully qualified.
- Practice background or previous Management Accounts experience preferable.
- Proactive, driven, resilient and able to work under your own initiative.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to hit the ground running, with a positive and driven attitude to make a real difference.
- An effective communicator, with the ability to change your approach depending on audience.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
- An ability to work under pressure to set deadlines.
- An analytical thinker and logical problem solver.
- Experienced with Excel.
- A competitive market salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with a holiday buying scheme
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- A broad range of family-friendly working policies, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- Life Assurance policy offering protection for you and your family/loved ones (cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary)
- A big staff discount in which you'll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online
- Store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Flexible working and core working hours between 10am - 4pm to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, with a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff.
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow
- We like to give back, so employees are allowed time off for volunteering work
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - free and confidential