Career-defining opportunity to consolidate and develop this national firm's valuations offering.
Your new company
With a Corporate Finance function that has an enviable combination of organic growth and key lateral partner hires, this firm is constantly enhancing its reputation as a go-to destination for Advisory work, attracting both clients and indeed hires from competitors. With offices all around the UK and part of a large (Top 10) international network, their Corporate Finance team has thus far always blended Lead Advisory, Transaction Services and Valuations. To enhance their growth in the latter, they are now ready to form a dedicated Valuations function, headed by a Manager.
Your new role
The good news is, the pipeline is of course already there. So you'll quickly acquire the "war stories" that will help you start to develop your own profile in the external market, in your BD activities.
You'll be supported by 2 juniors, who the firm is actively hiring at the moment, and of course by existing CF staff. The firm attracts pretty much every type of Valuation mandate- a really broad range (the one area they don't do so much of is contentious.)
Day to day, the responsibilities include:
- Writing and reviewing valuation reports / analysis of shares and businesses.
- Communicating this analysis to senior internal and external stakeholders;
- Leading and overseeing the creation, building and modifying of valuation models;
- Working with colleagues from different departments and teams
- Attending client meetings;
- Delegating and overseeing the work of less experienced staff
- Focusing on exceptional customer service;
- Increasing the visibility of the Valuation team both internally and externally.
No precedent - the role is yours to shape as you see fit, with the guidance and mentoring of the lead Valuations partner.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced in Valuations within an accounting / professional services firm
- In-depth experience of modelling and valuation methods across and wide scope of sectors
- Relevant industry qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CFA is desirable but not essential
- Strong analytical skills matched by an ability to be commercially minded
- Ability to deliver high-quality written work
- Strong attention to detail, combined with an ability to see the big picture
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast paced and dynamic environment with an ability to grapple and understand business issues quickly
- Don't worry about models you haven't used - for example Monte Carlo is a desirable but if you haven't got it, you'll be taught it
What you'll get in return
- Needless to say this is a golden opportunity to "stand out from the crowd"
- A development trajectory that you have complete ownership of - nobody hired in over your head in this function
- Marketable and well-regarded brand, yet with a really personal firm culture/feel
- The chance to be at the forefront of converting a "reactive" service-line to a "proactive" one
- Good benefits/bonus scheme
- Travel to other offices funded
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.