Permanent Finance Manager role in Bath Hybrid role starting ASAP
Status: Finance Manager - Balance Sheet Control
Reports to: Head of Internal Control Job
Purpose: Reporting into the Head of Internal Control, we are looking for an ambitious individual to join the finance team and support the next stage of its growth.
This Finance Manager role will be focused on delivering overall Balance Sheet control as well as ownership over Fixed and Current Asset reconciliations, to help deliver the Group's reporting requirements and effective financial controls and processes.
There may also be occasional acquisitions support, including balance sheet integration activities.
This role will have one direct report, an Overheads Finance Analyst, to support month-end management accounting postings.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Payroll Review:
- Supervise posting of monthly payroll postings for the entire group
- Review of bonus accruals, exceptionals and payroll balance sheets
- Fixed Asset Register and Review:
- Maintain, reconcile and ensure integrity of fixed asset register
- Review Depreciation and amortisation journal postings
- Review and scrutiny of website development costs to ensure accurate capitalisation and amortisation postings Review of onerous lease provision and movements
- Intercompany Transfer Reconciliations
- Review intercompany transactions and end balances to ensure intercompany transactions match each other
- Bad Debt
- Review of IFRS 9 bad debt calculations as part of month end process as well as for statutory reporting
- Accruals oversight:
- Supervision of key month end purchase accrual process, capturing all purchase orders approved but not invoiced in the period
- Holistic review of Accruals & Prepayment accounts
- Review of balance sheet position, including proposal for releases based on age and utilisation
- Balance Sheet Control:
- Ownership of the Review balance sheet analytical review process to ensure any risks or opportunities are identified
- Complete executive dashboard monthly, showing health of balance sheet, including % reconciliations completed and reviewed by manager, level of manual accruals
- Year end audit support:
- Audit support on areas specified above
- Ownership of the HY and annual audit process and lead liaison with Deloitte during detailed fieldwork
What do I need to succeed?
● Qualified ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
● Broad finance and controls knowledge and experience to facilitate review and improvement of the Group's control environment
● Proven track record of getting things done with a high sense of responsibility and accountability, strong ownership and work ethic
● Self-motivated and highly resilient
● Comfortable in working in an evolving and ambiguous environment, not phased by change at pace
● Ability to manage multiple stakeholders (both external and internal) and multi-task a range of different projects and deliverables
What will I get in return?
● Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right)
● A share in our success - every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year and access to our unique Value Creation Plan
● Central office locations with safe working spaces and flexibility to work remotely as required
● Discounted digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines ● Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Charles Maidment from the Hays Bristol office. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.