In a nutshell: This rare Accounts & Tax Senior opportunity sees you joining our busy Landed Estates Team. Working in a close-knit, friendly team you'll help in providing a range of accounting and tax compliance services, family office services and high-level tax planning advice to landed estates throughout the southwest and further afield.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Planning, preparing and completing accounts.
- Reviewing accounts and working papers prepared in-house by the client’s Estate Office.
- Preparing tax computations, self-assessment tax returns, CGT UK property returns and IHT returns (additional training will be given if needed).
- Identifying financial, commercial and tax planning opportunities for clients
- Supporting managers and partners as part of a focussed client service team, which will include responding to client queries and providing support on their financial record keeping
- Supporting the work of less experienced team members and training student staff
- AAT Level 4/ACA/ACCA qualified with relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good technical knowledge of accounts preparation and tax compliance, including capital transactions
- Experience in using accounts and tax return software
- Experience in servicing different types of entities (sole trade, partnerships, companies)
- Experience of preparing trust accounts and trust tax returns is preferable, but applicants will with a strong enthusiasm to learn about trusts will be considered
- Proficient in Excel, Sage, Xero and QBO with the ability to extract accounting information from cloud based software and advise clients
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in Southwest England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include:
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family and cycle to work.
Perks at work shopping platform, bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.