Your new company
A fast-growing commercial SME in the entertainment sector, with a strong UK presence and excellent reputation.
Your new role
They are currently seeking an experienced finance professional for the role of Group Financial Controller. Based in Northampton, you will take responsibility for all general accounting including P&L, consolidation, budgets, contribute to strategy and implement financial plans, accounts payable as well as the payroll function. Reporting directly to the Group's Finance Director, the successful applicant will have:
- Full responsibility for a small Finance team and their personal development.
- In charge of production of the consolidated Management Accounts.
- To ensure that all financial reporting is carried out accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Responsibility for contract management and relationships with key suppliers.
- Playing an integral part in accurately creating Group financial forecasts".
- To represent the Finance function in regular senior operational meetings
What you'll need to succeed
The successful applicant must be a CCAB qualified accountant, preferably ACA, and have a minimum of five years proven experience managing financial controls for a multisite operation. Previous experience managing and running payroll is essential along with in-depth knowledge of finance software systems, with CODA experience a distinct advantage. A background working in the hotel/leisure sector would be advantageous but not essential. The right person will have a desire to work with and develop a small finance team with a broad range of skills and experience. Personal characteristics required include an astute nature, proactive, customer-orientated and highly self-disciplined attitude with the ability to lead by example.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.