Finance Manager/Financial Controller role within a growing £10m T/O manufacturer & retailer in Doncaster
Your new company
I'm delighted to be exclusively partnered with £10m T/O growing manufacturing business based in Doncaster who are seeking to appoint a permanent Finance Manager/Controller to act as no.1 in finance over the long term, with support in the short term from an interim Finance Director.
As a family run business, they are proud of the reputation they have in the market for their products and have strong customer values to promote client retention. The business are a specialist manufacturer and retailer of products to the construction and engineering sectors, offering enviable guarantees on products in what is a relatively low volume invoicing, strong margin B2B business.
The business has a strong UK footprint, with operations across Europe and in Asia alike.
Your new role
You'll be joining the business at an exciting time of continued growth. Replacing a previous incumbent and reporting into an interim Finance Director, you'll join the business as a sole person in finance dealing with all finance matters with a hands-on approach. Both payroll and customer invoicing is outsourced, freeing you up to be involved in the senior elements of the role.
The role is a hugely varied role well suited to an individual who enjoys working within a smaller business with a 'finger to the pulse' attitude to running the financial side of the organisation. Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring accounting transactions relating to sales, purchases and banking are recorded in the Microsoft Dynamics Navision / Business Central system daily
- Maintain fixed assets register including capital expenditure and depreciation
- Ensure preparation of timely and accurate reports for operational management
- Preparation of UK accounts and management reports on monthly basis
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and continued monitoring & review of performance against budget and forecast
- Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies and savings
- Ensure returns for Corporation Tax, VAT, PAYE, Intrastat and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with
- R&D refunds from Government for inventions
- Manage customer rebates in accordance with relevant agreements
- Liaise with different departments to ensure the Finance department is properly supporting the needs of the operating businesses
- Oversee monthly processing of payroll and payments to employees (outsourced)
- Production of statutory accounts for the UK business and consolidated accounts for Group
- Manage relationships with auditors, tax advisers, bankers and other external contacts
- Introduce change management culture by challenging & replacing established processes and procedures where necessary
What you'll need to succeed
This role is a hugely varied role ensuring providing you with the opportunity to play a key part in the operations of the business itself. You will ideally be/have experience of:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA (Applications from individuals with excellent experience (QBE) would also be considered)
- 5+ years' experience within profession / industry (preferably manufacturing)
- Experience of MS Dynamics Navision/Business Central / Power BI preferable
- Solid accounting skills with experience of statutory accounts / dealing with auditors
- Experience of financial reporting and managing budgeting / forecasting process
- Excellent analytical ability with a good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present plans to support business decisions
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and ability to work to strict reporting deadlines.
Overall, you will enjoy the variety and hands on nature of financial management and oversight within an SME environment.
What you'll get in return
- Salary of up to £55,000 p/a
- 28 days holiday plus additional shutdown over Christmas and New year
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Due to the nature of the business, this role is based 40 hours per week in office
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.