Finance Director for Construction Company
Your new company
Working for a unique SME company based in Southampton, this is a unique opportunity to become part of an organisation that is on the up.
Your new role
This is a truly exciting time to join the organisation at a key stage in their development. You'll be joining into a fantastic company reporting directly to the Managing Director
As part of your role, you will contribute to the ongoing strategic programme, helping to maximise existing investments and make the best and most effective decisions moving forwards. Upon starting with the business, you will assume responsibility for all finance matters, IT development and everything related to corporate governance including Company Secretarial duties. As a key post holder within the organisation, you'll work closely with the MD and Chair to drive the business forwards into the next stage of their development.
Inheriting a small, established team, you will be supported by a Finance Manager as well as an Accounts & IT Assistant and two transactional staff members (including payroll). This is supported by two part-time administrators. Full support will be given to shape and develop this in-line with future business needs.
You will be a key commercial spearhead, working closely in partnership with the MD to take the business forwards, providing ideas, strategic insight and challenging where appropriate to drive change.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement financial and accounting strategies & policies across all aspects of the current business.
- Provide analysis and advice to the Board on the financial and risk management aspects of future investments and developments.
- Accountable for the development, analysis and reporting of the company's management accounting information for Board.
- Ensure compliance and best practice with all Financial Accounting and Audit requirements.
- Recommend strategies to develop the IT capability of the company in line with the growth and development ambitions for the business. eg. 'E-commerce ready'.
- Ensure IT operations fully support the day to day running of all aspects the business.
- Provide operational support (help desk) capability for all members of staff, with current and future IT applications.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience at a similar seniority level.
This role is well suited to a commercially driven, strategic finance professional who enjoys 'rolling up their sleeves' and spearheading change for growth. You will have demonstrable experience in IT & systems development in an operational business environment, with previous experience of overseeing both finance and non-finance functions (particularly IT, and HR would be preferable but not essential).
Alongside the above, the business are seeking an individual who ideally has a brad spectrum of operating at Board level within a similar sized and structured environment but also with a strong operational background. This may be well suited to someone who has worked as a Portfolio FD previously.
What you'll get in return
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.