Compliance tax manager for a top 75 Accountancy practice.
Your new company
A top 75 Chartered Accountancy firm looking to recruit a Tax Manager who is seeking that next step in their career. This is a mixed tax role and will be of both a compliance and advisory nature. They are looking for an ambitious and commercially driven candidate who is keen to progress.
Consideration will be given to candidates who are from personal, or mixed tax backgrounds, you will have the opportunity to become an integral part of a dynamic, growing tax department, and regional firm.
Your new role
If you are successful in your application, your duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Management of a portfolio of both personal and corporate clients.
- Management of ATED, ERS and P11Ds for the Chelmsford office.
- Supervision of three staff members. This will include regular appraisals and development of those staff, their study progress and a review of their work undertaken.
- Working closely with the accounts staff and partners within the office to provide high level client service.
- Working collaboratively with the other tax managers across the 4 offices to improve compliance processes and workflows within the tax team.
- Supporting the tax partners and managers with project work. This will include working with other staff and partners across our 4 offices.
- Constant and effective liaison with all stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining key relationships both internally and externally. This will be with clients and our professional connections.
- Management of WIP, billing and debtors for your allocated portfolio
- Work across all four offices to provide advisory support.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will need to:
- ACCA, ACA, CTA or ATT qualified
- Have a minimum of 5 years of practice experience
- Have previous experience dealing with Tax within an practice accountancy.
What you'll get in return
This opportunity comes with a long list of benefits, which includes:
* Salary Competitive
* Auto enrolment Pension
* 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Flexible hours of work - We are on a mission to give you back your time, as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy
* Employee Referral Bonus
* Employee Assistance Programme
* On site parking
* Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities - Continuous development and support not only for your professional qualifications but also for your personal goals and aspirations, so we can grow together.
* Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
* Full exposure to a diverse client base.
* Further benefits available coming soon.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.