We have this challenging and interesting opportunity for an experienced management accountant to join our international team. Working in a small team, you will support our senior leaders in Royston with conducting financial reviews, analysing data, budgeting and forecasting. In addition, you will work closely with colleagues based at the company headquarters in Gottingen, Germany.
You will be based at our site in Royston.
What you will accomplish together with us
- Working within the finance team to support the Operations departments |Manufacturing/R&D/Service| with high quality analysis and reporting to monitor output and steer decision making
- Ensuring timely and accurate month end reporting with detailed understanding of variances, to budget, and prior year
- Performing monthly cost centre, profitability and other analysis and comparisons
- Leading monthly, quarterly and yearly analysis of the activities as well as forecasting/ budgeting multi-year processes
- Partnering with local business leaders and other department heads by supporting decisions and following up on action plans
- Identifying and driving process changes in order to improve accuracy of reported data
- Providing detailed and insightful reporting to the local business managers
- Responsibility for review of production costing and conducting cost roll updates as required.
- Production of monthly/weekly labour hours and absorption reporting identifying trends
What will convince us
- A part-qualified or qualified |ACA/ACCA/CIMA| with relevant experience
- Strong financial and operations analysis experience with a track record of driving process improvements
- Good Microsoft Office skills |Excel, PowerPoint|
- SAP/ ERP experience preferred
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical/ problem solving ability
- Strong commercial awareness
- Continuous improvements mind-set
In order to commence working with us, the successful candidate will need the right to work in the UK.
What we offer
Our ambition is to simplify progress in life science research and the biopharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. So that more people can obtain access to better medicine. Over 15,000 employees at more than 60 production and sales locations worldwide are committed to this vision. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Do you also want to contribute to our vision? Grow with us and benefit from working with a Global Player that has kept its familiar atmosphere:
Opportunity for international career development: A global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
Open and highly collaborative culture: Mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
Work-life balance: Working from home at many sites
Intelligent working environment: Working in smart buildings with the latest technology and equipment
Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years
We look forward to receiving your application.