In a nutshell: You'll be a crucial part of our Business Services team, enjoying a very wide variety of accountancy work and finesse your accounts and tax experience, with support from a brilliant team.
What you'll be doing day to day:
A role where no two days will ever be the same as our diverse client base brings new challenges and opportunities daily. Here are the typical tasks you'll be doing as an Accounts Senior:
- Completing annual accounts and tax computations for incorporated and un-incorporated businesses.
- Dealing with the completion and submission of self-assessment tax returns for Business Services clients
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the completion of quarterly VAT returns Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email
- Providing varied administrative and business set-up services for clients Supervising, and supporting the work of less experienced team members
- ACA or ACCA qualified or part qualified Accounts preparation experience for partnerships/LLPs and limited companies
- You’ll have great attention to detail with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- You’ll be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients Willing to meet new clients
- Experience of electronic accounting packages
- Familiar with personal and business tax regulations, plus VAT and PAYE
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with the ability to respond to client enquiries promptly, accurately and efficiently
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Your core benefits will include:
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection
Health & Wellbeing benefits
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, option to buy 5 extra days holiday, virtual GP for you and your immediate family and cycle to work.
Perks at work shopping platform, bonuses for career and family milestones, volunteering days, emergency support from the Francis Clark Charitable Foundation for current and ex - employees.