Financial Accountant, Oxford
Your new company
My client is a leading company providing software to bring autonomy to any industry, drawing on principles of physics, robotics, maths and AI.
Your new role
As he successful candidate, your responsibilities will be:
- Provision of group, statutory and regulatory reports complied with relevant accounting standards, tax and legal requirements within deadlines.
- Prepare reporting packs and ensure that all month-end tasks are completed, including VAT preparation, reconciliations and reports submitted on a timely basis.
- Analyse transactions and provide value added commentary.
- Timely and accurate update of all ledgers to ensure quality and integrity of the finance system by managing and controlling data interfaces between finance systems.
- Prepare and review of multiple statutory accounts for all group entities
- Respond to any corporate enquiries on balance sheet movements, intercompany transactions and general reporting enquiries from Auditors and Tax Inspectors.
- Identify and implement any key changes to financial reporting and taxation frameworks.
- Maintain and develop financial best practice through implementation of controls and procedures, suggesting control improvements
- Proactively review systems and processes to identify system enhancement
- Collaborate across the business to ensure services provided by the financial reporting team support the business
- Assist with cash flow management.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate, you will need:
- ACCA qualified
- Degree in Accounting/ Finance or equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience at one of the Big Four accounting firms, welcome first year entry to commercial business world
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Familiarity with UK GAAP and Corporate tax legislation
- Strong excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills at all levels with regular contacts with finance personnel internal, external as well as non-finance teams
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and dependable
- Proficient at problem solving and curiosity mindset.
What you'll get in return
- £50,000 - £65,000 annual salary
- Company share programme
- £3,000 flexible benefits including private medical insurance, critical illness coverage, life assurance, EAP, group income protection
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.