The role involves
working closely with the Corporate Finance partner to help drive the corporate finance activity within the organisation. The jobholder will be involved in all aspects of the M&A process, liaising with a range of clients and responsible for providing a customer focused process.
Varied work across a diverse portfolio of clients and support with business growth. Deals are typically in the £3m to £20m EV, owner-managed businesses. High proportion on MBOs.
This opportunity will suit someone who has a real desire to engage in a broad level of corporate transactions and assignments and who can confidently hit the ground running as a key member of the team.
- Strong academics
- Accountancy (ACA) qualified
- Tax qualifications or study (CTA or ATT) also desirable but not essential
- Evaluating and executing M&A transactions and other advisory roles (such as corporate restructures including demergers, share schemes, growth strategies).
- Oversight and project management of transactions and projects
- Assisting with the deal structuring and other transaction related matters. Work collaboratively with other departments to provide a comprehensive “joined-up” service. Notably working closely with the tax team to ensure due consideration of taxation matters in deal structuring.
- Assisting with the negotiation of transaction documentation including sales and purchase agreements and other legal documents
- Liaising with business stakeholders across all levels to achieve transactional goals
- Managing relationship with banks and other stakeholders on financing requirements
- Oversight of transaction due diligence
- Active role to identify opportunities (deal generation) to drive both organic and inorganic growth. Build and nurture relationships, scoping leads, delivering speaker sessions, and representing the firm within networking environments
- Possibility to get involved in other advisory assignments (commercial and strategic) to help entrepreneurial clients.
- ACA qualified and ideally also CTA
- Excellent analytical skills as well as a strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with different stakeholders.
- Problem solver with a creative mind
- Result oriented, organised, can prioritise effectively and multi-task to deliver results in a fast-paced work environment
- Adept at using Microsoft Excel for financial modelling and data analytics
The Package and Benefits
- Full time permanent role
- Salary and benefits depending on experience range from £65,000 – £80,000
- Excellent career development path and training
- Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus Statutory Bank Holidays), increasing with length of service
- Pension with optional salary exchange scheme
- Life Insurance at four times basic annual salary
- Income Protection Insurance
- Professional subscription fees paid
- Benefits platform offering discounts, a Wellness platform, and Employee Assistance Programme
- additional holiday purchase
- cycle to work scheme
- Generous recruitment referral scheme
- Social committee organising numerous subsidised events
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Kitchen stocked with fruit, snacks and breakfast items plus hot and cold drinks
- Flu vaccination
WMT are a modern firm with established roots. Our office is based in St Albans, Hertfordshire and is easily accessible from North London or Central London as the office is beside the Thameslink line station. We provide a vast range of services, including advisory, tax, audit, accounting and corporate finance.
We have a large portfolio of clients from across the South East including business clients from a range of industries and sectors, including hospitality, property, recruitment, technology, manufacturing, private clients, charity and not for profit and pensions.
We have been an influencing factor in the success of many of our clients’ businesses for over 40 years, and we believe this is as a result of three factors:
We are enthusiastic, committed and take pride in providing an exceptional service.
These have always been fundamental to us, and have not changed since we opened our doors, we always endeavour to:
- offer an exceptional service
- take a personal hands-on approach and personal responsibility
- go over and beyond what is expected
- get to know each client, and are happy to invest time and effort to achieve this
To work with our clients and our team to fulfil their true potential. We have always gone beyond what is expected and to succeed in business this is a necessity. We do not wait for our clients to come to us, we are always proactively looking for opportunities and ways to help them increase their profitability. We look for ways to extend the skills of our team and help their career grow and develop.
To find out more about us please visit our website www.wmtllp.com