Finance Business Partner working for Legal firm in Southampton
Your New company
Working for one of the UK's fastest growing law firms, my client believes in helping their clients and people achieve their ambitions, unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our team of business and legal advisors are motivated by understanding clients' goals and collaborating with them and other advisers to deliver solutions. By becoming our clients' most trusted advisor, we are enabling them to achieve their ambitions.
Your new role
Due to sustained business growth, my client are now seeking to recruit an experienced and motivated Finance Business Partner to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team. This opportunity provides a key business partnering service to stakeholders across our business groups, with a particular focus on supporting our Enable Law business which provides specialist medical negligence, personal injury, and mental capacity services to our clients in the south of the UK. This is a superb opportunity if you are seeking to shape working relationships with our Partners and other key stakeholders, by advising, supporting, and empowering their understanding of profitability and management information in order to drive business change. Based in Southampton with a blend of home and office working to meet the needs of the business and the wider team. Your primary focus in this role will be to support improving contribution, managing working capital and supporting operational tasks where required. You'll also have the opportunity to contribute to new and upcoming projects which are being developed within the team. If you are solutions-focussed, with excellent communication skills to deliver insights about financial information, this is an ideal role for you.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be working with senior Enable Law stakeholders to improve the impact of key financial information, which is shared with them, finding ways to enhance their understanding of Management Information in order to inform decision making and strategic planning. You will be accustomed to providing analysis, commentary and delivering insight to business leaders, which for us focusses on our clients, matters and sectors, and how this flows through to contribution (profitability). You will also take a key role in:
* Driving our business tools to assist in pricing and profitability decisions, supporting suggestions for change.
* Driving change, to ensure key operational and financial targets are delivered
* Leading on e-billing management
* Supporting Portfolio Management Services efficiencies for all stakeholders across the business
* Supporting with tender submissions and pricing queries
* Supporting partners and fee earners with understanding their financial KPIs
* Supporting with client Management Information reports
* Supporting with our year end accounts production as required
Preferably with experience in the legal sector, you will be both a skilled finance manager and a consummate relationship developer, in order to effectively translate management information into understandable and impactful information for senior stakeholders. With a credible, consultative and enthusiastic approach to your work, you can readily demonstrate your ability to produce management information which is both accurate and of high quality. Accustomed to working at a senior level, you possess the skills to be flexible and inclusive in a role which requires daily engagement with our senior leaders in the finance team.
You will also have:
* Proven ability to implement change, including system improvements, i.e. monthly, quarterly and annual.
* The ability to be proactive and organised and able to prioritise work to deadlines.
* Good communication skills and confidence in dealing with senior equity partners and directors.
* A recognized accounting qualification with a drive to continue professional studies further or recently completed an accountancy chartership qualification.
What you'll get in return
28 days annual leave and a sabbatical you can take every 5 years.
Private Medical Insurance
Buy and sell holidays