£50,000 salary available UK Charity- Bristol role- option to work fully remotely Qualification essential
About the role
As a Finance Business Partner, you will build trust, credibility and rapport with key stakeholders. You will develop and provide analytical insight and targeted reporting to further improve the businesses understanding of financial performance as well as supporting the budgeting process to ensure robust budgets are produced. You will utilise your financial expertise to support and influence the operations team in such a way they are able to understand financial performance and make optimal financial decisions, and you will influence the central support teams to improve systems and processes to facilitate commercial accountability. The remit for the Business Partner for the Portfolios includes Charity & External Affairs, People & Organisational Development, Quality & Governance and Strategy, Transformation & Innovation.
The role holder will
- Sit alongside those responsible for delivering financial performance, helping to drive optimal business decisions and to deliver better financial performance;
- Partner with key stakeholders in the relevant portfolio, helping to improve overall performance;
- Produce insightful analysis to help to drive improvements in the cost base through your in depth understanding of the portfolio;
- Support the budget and forecast processes; helping to build realistic targets engaging with and working alongside operations and central stakeholders;
- Develop and deliver focused reporting and analysis to the operations and central teams;
- Support continuous financial learning for staff including investment appraisal support;
- Delivering analysis and insight on project work.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Own financial performance reviews with the key portfolio teams that you support, helping to drive improvements in financial performance;
- Support the business in maximising income;
- Support the business in controlling and ensuring the most efficient use of costs, through the effective review and management of hours, payroll and non-payroll spend;
- Identify improvements to processes, models or reporting to improve efficiency of the business and minimise risk. Deliver the improvements where appropriate;
- Develop and deliver in depth analysis to the business to make further recommendations around how financial performance can be improved;
- Provide regular and ad hoc insightful reporting to your stakeholders as needed;
- Coach the portfolio teams in financial knowledge to help improve service performance;
- Support the budgeting process, working closely with your key stakeholders to ensure there is engagement and buy-in to targets;
- Provide ad hoc financial support to the portfolio teams and other stakeholders as required;
- Work closely with other areas of finance to ensure key business and finance priorities and processes are aligned and give the best outcome.
- Have experience of working in a finance business partnering or commercial role with a pragmatic outlook, balancing financial targets with competing priorities;
- Be a good relationship builder, who is supportive, able to build rapport and work collaboratively with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation;
- Be a Qualified accountant - CIMA/ ACCA/ACA;
- Have strong analytical and interpretation skills with an ability to spot trends and make commercial judgments where appropriate;
- Be organised and thorough, with an attention to detail and see things through to completion;
- Have experience of budgeting and forecasting, be able to work with stakeholders to deliver a budget in line with expectations;
- Be able to coach non-finance stakeholders, explaining financial issues in a simple way;
- Be able to challenge in a constructive way;
- Be resilient and flexible, and be able to deal with changing and competing priorities;
- Have Advanced Excel and other Microsoft Office skills;
- Have an ability willingness to travel to support key operations stakeholders as needed
- Competitive salary;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- Flexible working arrangements (including home working);
- Access to the Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options;
- Access to award winning training and development -one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care 'Centre of Excellence' provider status;
- Private Health Cover and Life Assurance of 3 x salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.