Accelerate your Valuations/Forensic career with this highly-regarded boutique consultancy.
Your new company
This boutique consultancy were early adopters of taking Valuations out of wider service firms and investing in it as a specialism in its own right. With a well-established and loyal client base, a strategic transaction of their own has yielded further investment, enabling them to not only take more market share but develop new specialisms at the same time.
They are adept in consulting many scenarios, just a few of which include:
- Fairness opinions
- Intangibles and Intellectual Property
- Transfer Pricing, Royalties and IP Antitrust
- Private Equity and Structured Finance
- Debt Restructuring
- Tax valuations (private clients, incentive plans, share issues etc)
- Securitisation/Restructuring of intangible assets
- M&A/ Transactions
and many more
Your new role
You're already off the starting blocks in terms of your Valuations skills, either as part of a Valuations function or a CF/Forensic team.
Firstly, the wide range of mandates you'll experience are reflected in the section above.
Secondly, day to day your role includes:
Preparation of Valuation Reports (and assisting with more complex ones) for peer review , including:
- Company and business valuations and shareholdings
- Intangible Asset (IA) valuations including brands, trademarks, patents, customer intangibles and copyrights
- Providing technical support (e.g. excel, Xero) and mentoring for junior valuers /analysts and for external agencies
- Liaising and working with the Intangible Asset Management team
- Assisting with billing at month end;
- Managing time and billings
This is an especially ideal role if you are someone who conducts Valuations as part of a braider function, but wishes to take it, isolate it and develop it across a far wider range of clients and projects.
What you'll need to succeed
See above in terms of experience level, but in addition:
- ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualified
- Around 2-3 years of post qualification experience.
- Experience working in a accountancy or consulting practice environment with clients and ability and confidence to advise clients
- Team player who enjoys working in a small team.
- Very confident using Excel, Word and research databases
- Experience of managing projects and client relationships as primary contact
- Some knowledge and experience of intangible assets (IA) and good knowledge of accounting standards in relation to IA.
***Please note this firm is unable to sponsor or transfer visas, and can only consider those with an existing right-to-work in the UK.***
What you'll get in return
- Working with fellow specialists in a truly independent, conflict-free firm
- Plenty of exposure to international mandates
- Properly meritocratic promotion - we have seen this with our own placements here
- Ideally situated for transport - very near 3 rail termini
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Sociable firm
- A career which widens your options in the future, not narrows them
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.