Responsibility for a portfolio of clients across a range of industry sectors, including sole-traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
You need to ensure the staff under your responsibility are mentored, developed, and helped to thrive.
The client is a reputable and leading independent firm with 21 partners and over 200 staff spread across five office locations. They have a very clear appraisal and development path where you can progress in decent timescales through the ranks with good performance. They are a one stop shop for business services providing a large amount of interesting and complex advisory work.
- Consistently run a varied portfolio of clients, including dealing with the completion / reviewing of annual accounts and tax computations, reviewing VAT returns completed by junior members of staff.
- Conduct planning meetings with the junior staff to relay client knowledge/deadlines and take an active role in ensuring that all accounts & tax returns are filed with the relevant authorities on time for your portfolio.
- Plan your team's workload and balance this with the needs of the firm to achieve the firm's expected turnaround for jobs.
- Arrange pre-year-end meetings with the client.
- Ensuring that clients accounting records are maintained accurately throughout the year and be able to provide management figures as required.
- Attend client meetings and build your relationship with the client to become the main point of contact for your portfolio.
- Speak confidently with clients about software options relevant to their needs.
- Understanding and adhering to our internal software and procedures.
- To promote and ensure best practice is followed for all compliance matters.
- Assisting in the completion/review of quarterly VAT returns & filing at HMRC in line with making tax digital.
- To proactively deal with client queries and covering advice with partners before forwarding to clients.
- Review external communications and liaise with the Partner on matters containing advice. Liaise with clients and HMRC on portfolio matters.
- Helping to oversee the day-to-day management of a department, including assigning work to staff members.
- Take responsibility for job performance and recoveries. Identify training needs within the team to develop staff to their career goals.
- Undertake staff appraisals for direct reports.
- Represent the firm externally at various networking events and build relationships in the communities our offices are based.
- A willingness to contribute or manage internal projects that may not be directly related to the portfolio management.
- Assist with administrative duties as required by the firm.
- To effectively manage the financial aspects of the portfolio. Maintain control of the WIP level within your portfolio.
- To have a collaborative approach with your department and the rest of the firm. Delegate appropriate tasks to staff to further their development.
- Preferred ACA / ACCA qualified.
- 2 years + or equivalent experience
- A high degree of personal motivation, organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload.
- Flexibility and approachability under pressure.
- You must be proactive, tenacious and show initiative at all times.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- The ability to communicate confidently, clearly and effectively at all levels including ensuring the partner is aware of any client issues.
- The ability to work closely with other members of the team and management team.
- A learning mind-set with the ability to receive feedback to implement corrective advice ensuring achievement of key objectives and service delivery to clients.
- A high level of professionalism to deliver client service excellence.
- The ability to build excellent relationships with all colleagues through role model behaviour. in line with the Firm's culture and strategic objectives.
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines when required.
- Effective delegation and time management.
- To understand when it is necessary to escalate either technical or client experience issues to the partner or support specialists.
- Competitive Salary of up to £55,000 DOE
- Flexible and hybrid working options
- WPA Health Insurance
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Discount with Vodafone
- Client Introducer Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Professional Subscriptions
- Qualifications and Study Leave
- Internal Training
- Flu Jab
- Dell Advantage Programme
- Home Antivirus Protection