Risk and Compliance Manager job
The organisation have a requirement for a risk and compliance manager to join the organisation on a permanent basis. The company operate loosely in the utilities sector in a highly regulated and controlled environment. There are multiple arms to the business with all being highly intricate.
The role is a newly created post following an increase in turnover from £4m to an expected turnover of more than £100m in the last 5 years. The role will report into the finance director although the post holder will have day to day collaboration with one of the operational heads.
The purpose of this role is to work with the business in the identification of risk, assisting with the heads of department`s in the mitigation of risk and ensuring required compliance is adhered to. The role holder will be embedded within the organisation and will be a facilitator of risk management within the organisation.
On a day-to-day basis you can expect to be responsible for the following;
- Take ownership of the companies risk register Proactively work with all areas of the business to risk is identified, documented and appropriately managed and actioned.
- Review controls framework and develop the process to ensure risk and controls are robust.
- Review of current/identified risk with a view to ensuring that the management/action`s are efficient and streamlined.
- Review and understand the required compliance from external bodies ensuring that these compliance activities are scheduled and appropriately reported on.
- Pro-actively seek out industry trends and attend industry workshops to understand regulatory changes.
- Help the business in understanding regulatory policies and advise on best practice to ensure policies are robust.
- We are seeking an experienced risk and compliance manager who is able to work closely with a group of colleagues who are passionate about their business.
- The team are close knit and highly proud of what they have achieved in the past 5 years. The personal attributes that we are looking for include the ability to collaborate across all functions;
- Facilitate rather than drive change;
- Ability to influence by expertise;
- You will be co-ordinating risk management strategies and advising cross functional groups in workshops in the delivery of good management process.
Due to the heavily regulated nature of our client, we require applicants to have worked in a highly regulated industry. We are open to industry background but would expect to see applications who have a background in either Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, Utilities or an Energy Producer.
If you are interested in hearing more detail about this role or would like to have a confidential chat about a potential career move, please do not hesitate in contacting me. COVID19 statement Our client will be expecting the successful applicant to be based in the office for a few days of the week. Currently all staff members are in the office on a Tuesday and this role will be no different. The company are not rigid on their hybrid working model, however due to the cross functional aspects of the role, we would like to see a willingness to be office based (in Edinburgh), more frequently than not