We are looking for an APAC Risk Manager (Finance) to be based in our APAC Regional Hub at Petaling Jaya. In this role, you will provide risk management support to the Leadership Team at a Regional Finance Hubs covering Finance processes and risks that the finance hub is managing with regards to the respective markets supported by the hub.
In particular, the risk manager role will ensure:
- risk mitigation, root cause analysis and related mitigations, overall process and control deficiencies remediation, and reporting on overall status of control environment in the region and / or markets reporting process end-to-end
- support to global and/or regional process improvements in order to reduce risks as well as support to relevant operating effectiveness programs such as continuous improvement initiatives, process operating issues mitigation and remediation programs and stakeholder support and reporting
You will ensure that risks are appropriately mitigated across the region with a sound control framework and it will provide adequate oversight of finance reporting risks and controls within the region and respective markets. You will be accountable for providing proactive risk assessments and drive risk mitigation initiatives over business processes to ensure control soundness. The focus in the role is to build a culture of proactive risk assessment and business partnering to strengthen the control framework to effectively and efficiently mitigate risk.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Lead risk management and controls monitoring activities for the region and respective markets including:
- Reviewing outcome of Controls Testing activities provided by a third party and reporting on controls effectiveness and any exposures
- Reviewing and reporting on process risk assessments to management
- Providing risk assessment (incl root cause analyses) of high risk areas and/or operational issues at site and support operations teams with remediation actions to ensure no risk exposures
- Manage hub/process continuous improvement programs to reduce risk and improve team efficiency levering technology such as robotics, AI and other tools
- Ensure adequate oversight of third party operations team as part of controls monitoring and testing plans
- Perform annual risk assessment: Obtain/perform risk reviews of key processes and develop an Annual Risk Plan that covers both controls monitoring plan as well as risk-based process risk assessments and reviews
- Keep hub leads and local market Finance Director appraised of major risk and control issues and ensure stakeholders understand and commit to resolution of exposure and controls deficiency issues across relevant processes
- Drive risk mitigation initiatives at the hub and/or local market to address any exposures
- Support GSK Enterprise Risk Management at the hub as well as at the respective markets
- Support and engage with external auditors and other parties to reduce impact to business, increase reliance, and align on auditor’s assessment of the finance control environment for SOX reporting purposes
We look for people who appreciate the importance of safety and quality and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so you’ll be someone who treats others with respect and integrity – as you will be treated yourself.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Professional Accounting / Auditing qualification - ACA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA, etc
- Minimum of 5 years Post qualification experience in internal or external audit, or SOX compliance programmes.
- 5+ years’ experience in project management or business continuity planning, crisis management, disaster recovery, enterprise risk management or related fields in a large, complex, geographically diverse organization
- Ability to deal with complexity and uncertainty in a changing environment
- Strong communication, presentation skills, and senior stakeholder management
- Ability to work across boundaries to build and maintain true partnership within teams and different departments
- Able to understand what could generate a crisis and alert
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of Change management
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.