Your new company
strives to be a best-in class Treasury function proving a platform to showcase their products. Treasury is going through a transformation process and this role is key to ensuring a stable and considerate management of day-to-day Group cash and liquidity and foreign exchange risk management.
Your new role
The Front Office Senior Associate plays a valuable role within Treasury Front Office by supporting the delivery of day-to-day operational liquidity and risk management for the Group. The role focuses primarily on:
- Delivering sound cash and liquidity management for day-to-day liquidity needs across the Group, by ensuring that liquidity is available to Group businesses at the right time, at the right place;
- Executing sound foreign exchange (FX) risk management trades on the external markets to hedge Group FX Risk;
- Develop relationships with Treasury Front Office stakeholders within and outside the business, to promote collaboration and trust and strive for "best in class" ways of working.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Work collaboratively with the other Front Office team members and the rest of the Treasury team and other direct stakeholders
- Perform the Global daily cash management process, including daily cash positioning, short term investments (MMF, bank deposits) and short-term borrowings (CP, RCF drawdowns)
- Monitor and report segregated cash and capital buffers for Group ring-fenced businesses and restricted cash across the Group
- Support the daily cash management of non-centralised cash as and when required, including funding standalone Group bank accounts
- Execute the foreign exchange strategy, including day to day execution and hedging programmes
- Develop and roll-out a Front Office reporting framework covering Operations, Risk and Compliance
- Support Group businesses by providing direct Treasury Front Office support where required
- Ensure collaborative and positive day-to-day conversations with external (relationship banks and financial institutions, Treasury services and IT providers) and internal (transfer pricing team, Finance Centre of Excellence, Risk, Accounting) stakeholders
- Support the implementation and upgrades to Treasury technology (TMS, banking, dealing) to ensure maximum straight-through-processing
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures and working with the internal compliance to provide evidence for audit
- Support the Treasury Front Office Manager and Director, Treasury Operations on ad hoc projects across the Group e.g. M&A transactions, legal entity rationalisation, movement of billing locations, new regulated entities and requirements etc
- Proactively seek to implement "best in class" processes, controls and risk management in all Treasury Front Office activities
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree (or equivalent) and ACT professional qualification (AMCT)
- Experience of Front Office and/or Treasury Operations in a global multi-national
- Attention to detail, ability to analyse data and convert into meaningful management information
- Desire to work in a changing business environment and in a Treasury transformation setting
- Demonstrates strong experience of working with others and collaborating to deliver the outcome required
- Effective communicator in both written and oral with ability to articulate and present facts and ideas
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.