Working Capital Controller / Up to £40,000 salary plus bonuses / Permanent Position / Legal Firm
Your new company
With offices in London, Oxford, Cardiff, Belfast, Dublin and Hong Kong, we are recognised by clients and industry alike as being distinct for our unique culture, market-leading practice areas, sector focused approach and for providing solutions to complex, multijurisdictional business challenges, with a pragmatic and human touch. We have two things at our core: people - both ours and our clients'- and a focus on creative, tech and innovative businesses.
Your new role
Reporting to the Working Capital Manager, the WCC will be responsible for supporting the EIR division and some fee earners from CMI division although this may change from time to time.Organising and attending monthly WIP/billing meetings with partners and associates in the designated divisions, the WCC will be responsible for all activities in the billing life-cycle, including:
- Assisting with raising pro-forma, engrossing and all other billing related processing;
- Liaising with Business Divisional Manager, Partners and Associates to maximise billing for each division;
- Setting up monthly billing routines, as required;
- Dealing with ledger queries and credit note requests, as appropriate;
- Following up on billing promises;
- Arranging for pro-formas to be raised and/or diarised;
- Chasing outstanding pro-formas on a weekly basis;
- Processing all WIP write-offs and transfers;
- Occasional releasing of Barclays.net payments
What you'll need to succeed
- Billing experience and experience of using Elite preferred, however not essential.
- Experience working within professional services, ideally legal.
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to learn new finance systems quickly
What you'll get in return
- Flexible Working
- Hybrid working
- Up to £40,000 salary
- Up to £5,000 in annual performance based bonuses
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.