Financial Controller Newcastle under Lyme £65,000- £75,000
Your new company
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a commercially focused finance professional to join this prestigious and progressive business.
Your new role
This challenging and varied opportunity will take ownership of the operational financial management of the organisation, providing strategic support that drives profitability and business partnering with the Managing Director and other members of the Senior Management Team. Supervising a small team you will be responsible for all aspects of finance for the business
- Business partner with the Managing Director on all aspects of the business
- Supervision and final review of the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts preparation process
- Investigation & explanation of account variances to Budget & expectations
- Carrying out analysis on the numbers to understand and explain key profit drivers in each different department;
- Supervise and manage the Finance Team to carry out their tasks effectively & efficiently;
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations performed on a monthly basis with reconciling items fully investigated and resolved on a timely basis;
- Manage cash flow on a daily basis with formal 13-week forecasting on a regular basis;
- Preparation of Annual Budgets in conjunction with Managing Director;
- Quarterly VAT reconciliations;
- Report to the Managing Director with timely and accurate financial information
- Working closely with the Managing Director on other ad hoc projects.
- Supporting business planning with capex proposals & time and motion analyses.
- Ensure KPI requirements are captured and reported as needed to manage performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Challenge and replace established processes and procedures where necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant (e.g. ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Several years of experience in a business environment
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the business, from shop floor to Director level;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- High levels of accuracy and eye for detail
- Strong analytical and logic problem solving skills
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to manipulate significant amounts of data
- Experience of managing others and working as part of a team
- Self-motivation and commitment as well as enthusiasm in supporting new processes and change
What you'll get in return
You will get salary of £65,000- £75,000 + benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.