You will be responsible for reporting the consolidated results of the group, both externally to the Group's listed investor and to the Board. The role is also responsible for leading the audit and for leading reporting, using cloud-based finance applications
Most importantly, the Head of Group Reporting must be comfortable managing multiple and demanding stakeholders including, but not limited to, listed investors, auditors, execs, treasury etc.
My client is a market leader in their field and operates across UK, Europe, America and Asia. With it's turnover in the billions, the business continues to grow both organically and through acquisition.
- Regulatory and Statutory Accounting & Reporting - The group reporting team will provide the financial governance & control and deliver all reports and returns as necessary, to protect the business and to ensure it operates within the legal, statutory and regulatory requirement of the markets in which it operates.
- This includes leading the quarterly and year end financial audits, preparation of both consolidated and separate statutory accounts for all Group companies. ESG reporting will also become a large part of this role.
- Monthly management reporting - Provide monthly reports to management, the board, and external parties as required. Reports should be accurate, well-presented and timely, with meaningful commentary.
- Quarterly reporting to listed investor - Provide the reporting of the consolidated results and relevant disclosures required each quarter to tight deadlines.
- Preparation of the statutory format consolidation - Consolidate results from all divisions, some of which have complex accounting and consolidation issues. Prepare the consolidated profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statement on a monthly basis, ensuring all eliminations are accurately reflected.
- IFRS accounting queries - Deal with complex IFRS accounting queries, ensuring that we're in line with listed investors, and resolve with auditors and senior management.
- Relationship Management - Build strong relationships with the group finance team and the wider management group, as well as managing relationships with external advisors.
- People development - Coach and develop team members, providing the support they need to grow in their roles while also contributing to the overall output of the team. Work with team members to ensure there is appropriate training in place to ensure cross cover across the team. Team resilience i.e. ensure cover is always available.
- Project management - Monitor and lead numerous workstreams across different teams to deliver reporting/analysis/forecasting/ad hoc project work at the appropriate time with the correct information.
- Top 10 qualified ACA with industry experience in a similar role or someone moving at Senior Manager from Practice into Industry
- Be an excellent communicator and possess an ability to develop trusting and credible relationships at all levels of the business
- Ability to manage multiple and demanding stakeholders on a day-to-day basis
- Possesses and demonstrates real analytical skill and can apply a logical approach to new challenges
- Have a questioning and inquisitive mind - not afraid to ask questions or challenge convention, nor to drive improvements and efficiencies as appropriate
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work and the work of their team - you will own everything reported
- Is comfortable working independently of direct supervision and able to demonstrate personal initiative and drive
- Works with flexibility and to tight timescales to meet the demands of the Board, senior management and listed investor.
- Is enthusiastic
- Audit experience from practice and/or industry
A competitive salary and overall package whilst also giving you the opportunity to work with a really high performing team and take over from the successful predecessor.