NEW: Business Finance Partner - £50,000 to £60,000 plus Car Allowance & Benefits Hybrid/Ipswich
Your new company
Due to continued business growth in the UK and Internationally a leading international Logistics and Supply Chain business in Ipswich, Suffolk are looking to recruit an experienced Business Finance Partner to provide support, insight, analysis and influence to support Board, Sales and Operational Directors.
This opportunity is offered on a hybrid basis.
Your new role
As the key Business Partner to the Freight Forwarding FD, MD and the Sales leadership teams you will have strong financial planning, analysis, reporting and performance management skills to ensure the Business and its leadership can make and deliver on its commitments. You will be involved with the creation, implementation and execution of effective decision support techniques & tools to ensure the business maximises business opportunities and mitigates risks going forward.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of 2 staff - a Management Accountant and the Operations Finance Assistant
- Prepare and present monthly management accounts.
- Development of UK reporting to ensure Group timescales are met
- Work with the UK FD to ensure appropriate controls and systems are in line with Group requirements
- Review UK balance sheet related to Operational accounts to maintain compliance
- Development of KPI's
- Development of Operational measures - WIP and accruals, sales invoicing, credit notes, productivity
- Development of customer profitability reporting
- Analysis of and reporting on shipment transactions to improve understanding of the underlying trends
- Working with UK FD on Budgets and forecasts
- Encourage a culture of communication and collaboration between the UK Finance team and Operational colleagues
- Support ad hoc projects
What you'll need to succeed
The Business Finance Partner will be a part or fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA accountant with previous business partnering experience ideally gained within the logistics/supply chain or manufacturing sectors.
- They will have strong financial controls experience together with analytical, numerical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience of producing reports and financial modelling.
- Have experience of or the ability to manage a small finance team.
- Be a confident communicator at ease with working closely with and influencing board, operational and sales senior management a
- They will have the ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of contexts both verbally and in writing.
- Be an effective team player
- Strong IT skills i.e. MS packages word and excel.
- Knowledge of IFRS and corporate business legislation.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Self starter able to work on own initiative.
- Personal & Self Development. Flexible approach to working practices. Positive attitude. Willingness to undertake further self-development.
What you'll get in return
The Business Finance Partner will be offered a highly competitive salary in the region of £50,000 to £60,000 plus car allowance and benefits package. They will be joining a business which is well established and has excellent accelerated growth in recent years and into a role where they can influence, contribute to its success and have the opportunity to develop further and progress within the group.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.