Your new role
To inspire and lead a high performing team to oversee the financial performance management across core finance disciplines including capital accounting, research, income, cost, and contribution. Ensure financial sustainability consideration is at the centre of insight, analysis and decision making. Owning the relationship with the Senior Management Team (SMT), the role holder will need a strong business partnering mindset exemplifying excellent service delivery and being uncompromising on quality. A forward-looking outlook that proactively provides decision support, and critical friend approach to advice and support Faculty and Directorate financial decisions. Excellent commercial acumen and filter to know when to escalate financial concerns. The role will work within a business partner community that operates collaboratively to enhance service delivery and decision making. This role will also require an individual with a passion for developing and coaching team members to reach their potential.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a track record of developing and empowering individuals to realise their potential
* Excellent interpersonal skills/ emotional intelligence with the ability to constructively challenge at senior manager level adopting a customer-focused approach
* Able to operate both at detail level and the summarise into clear, impactful insightful analysis for quick and informed decision making at senior manager level
* Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and developing solutions in an agile and flexible way
* Able to prioritise, organise and deliver a complex and changing workload under pressure to tight deadlines, without constant supervision
* Change agent, leading on improvement initiatives across different stakeholder groups
What you'll get in return
Great place to work, collaborative environment, hybrid working (with up to three days a week from home if desired) and excellent pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.