Cost Accountant, Birmingham, Up to £35,000
HAYS are delighted to be partnering with a £million turnover Manufacturing business to recruit for a Cost Accountant on a permanent basis. This role will support with the costing process for Production and Inventory management, highlighting variances generated between actual and standard cost. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cost Accountant to join a growing international business with longer term plans for sustained growth.
This role is being offered with some hybrid working opportunities and is paying up to £35,000 + bonus.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Ensure the Cost database for items (PRI's) are accurately maintained
- Analyse, communicate monthly reports and advise departments about Production variances during monthly production meeting
- Production and cost variance analysis
- Material price index follow up
- Commodity price analysis
- Communication of PDC's to other group subsidiaries with audit of transfer prices
- Apportionment of overhead via allocation models
- Analysis of variation of average and standard cost
- Inventory management with all relating financial ratios and statistics relating to this, such as number of days in stock
- Stock and scrap reconciliations
- Analysis of inventory adjustments (IA's) and other OPGL transactions
- Fixed asset verification
- Adhere to month-end deadlines
- Ensure the liaison with statutory Auditors
- Ensure Group rules and best accounting practises are followed
- Work on the budget preparation
- Prepare and analyse management information
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Have previous experience with Cost Accounting
- Have strong analytical skills
- Be a self-starter with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Organisation and time management skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.