Client Portfolio Manager
Do you want to develop your career in an established accountancy and advisory practice with a reputation for fresh thinking and flexibility? We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for a portfolio of SME general practice clients and all their requirements. You will be commercial and proactive in fee development, and regularly attend networking and business development events/functions.
Due to continued growth over the last 2 years, we are looking for a full time SME Portfolio Manager to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a positive, organised and details-oriented person, who manages their time effectively, and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong IT skills are required, however all in-house systems training will be provided.
Our client base is made up of a range of SMEs and includes manufacturers, a wide range of professional service firms, IT developers, property investors and developers, hospitality businesses and not for profit entities. You will be in direct contact with clients face-to-face, over the phone/video meetings and by email, so excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Effectively control own portfolio including everything from staff planning, management of WIP and billing
- Build and further develop client relationships with existing and new clients
- Display a strong commercial awareness in fee development
- Present for partner review, complete files to a high standard
- Display pro-active awareness of current relevant legislation, compliance standards
- Raise high quality business correspondence
- Act as the main point of contact for compliance queries from clients within portfolio
- Quote and estimate fees within your level of authority
- Meeting clients to pitch and tender for new work and putting together associated documents
- Business development – attend new client meetings and networking events
- Good awareness of cloud-based accounting techniques and systems
- Effectively delegate work to, and mentor, the team
- Provide feedback to junior and senior team members of quality of work/performance
- Manage the team including monitoring work in progress and work standards.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Confident, articulate and an effective communicator at all levels
- Well-presented and professional
- Patience in training colleagues
- ACA/ACCA Fully Qualified with 3+ years post qualification experience
- Up to date knowledge of corporate and personal taxes
- Strong time management skills
- Previous management experience
- Commercial and proactive approach to client development
Working at WMT
WMT takes a refreshingly modern approach to accountancy. We work closely and proactively with clients to help them remain compliant, manage their finances, and achieve their ambitions. Our team pride themselves on being approachable and offering ‘down to earth’ advice.
Working from our contemporary office in the heart of St Albans in Hertfordshire, you will be welcomed into our ever-growing team. Regardless of your role, you can expect to be fully supported in developing your career. We operate a hybrid working pattern, with the opportunity to combine office and client work with some home working.
Helping to strike an all-important work-life balance, our social committee also regularly organise evenings and outings, creating a fun and inclusive place to work.
WMT benefits include:
- Hybrid working for most roles
- Pension with optional salary exchange scheme
- Life Insurance at 4x basic annual salary
- Income Protection Insurance
- Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus Statutory Bank Holidays), increasing with length of service
- additional holiday purchase
- WMTreats, our Rewards & Benefits platform, with access to: cashback and discounts with over 750 shopping & leisure outlets, a Wellbeing Centre, and Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional subscription fees paid
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous recruitment referral scheme
- numerous subsidised events organised by our active Social Committee
- Smart casual dress
- Flu vaccination
- Kitchen stocked with hot and cold drinks, breakfast items, fruit and snacks