Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be an Engagement Manager taking a key role in project delivery, business development, thought leadership, client relationship ownership and practice development.
You’ll also review the Retail, Consumer & Leisure deals market for potential targets and subsectors of interest. You’ll work closely with the senior team and lead partner. You’ll also:
- Oversee multiple client engagements and deliverables, which includes monitoring progress, ensuring quality and managing client interaction
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities. Drive growth through origination and effective BD
- Risk and compliance: ensure team are working ethically and leading on Risk
- Assist the Partner in the development of existing and new service stream methodologies. Drive innovation.
- Lead the successful development of client relationships
- Promote knowledge sharing within the team and facilitating research and development within the chosen stream.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events and keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers. Actively bring in other services to client work.
- Support recruitment, retention, development, training and motivation of employees.
- Deliver honest and timely feedback to the team, drive training, learning and development
- When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Demonstrable experience in running Commercial Due Diligence in numerous deals, as well as growth strategy projects (preferably in a similar firm / environment): deep experience in managing teams and leveraging stakeholder relationships to deliver superior results, ability to find innovative solutions to complex issues
- Retail, Consumer & Leisure sector experience: deals and growth strategy experience within the sector. May also have either relevant postgraduate qualification or a relevant previous career in the sector
- Risk and compliance: knowledge of ethics and independence, regulation and how to work effectively within guidelines and to mitigate risk
- Management: ability to develop and inspire junior team, knowledge / credential development and contribute more widely to running the team and to BDO. Experience in recruitment, learning and development and ability to effectively grow and mentor a team.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- Private medical insurance;
- 6% cash benefits allowance & bonus
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.