Are you a newly qualified (1-3 years PQE) who has had enough of watching other people manage and grow businesses and feel you have the skills and attributes to do this yourself?
We are looking for a qualified accountant who will join First Intuition Limited as part of a growing team with responsibilities of:
- Taking responsibility for ensuring we provide a great educational experience for our apprentices
- Supporting client engagement
First Intuition (FI) is a fast-growing premier provider of accountancy training and apprenticeships. FI has centres across the UK and therefore you will be joining a network with over 200 employees supporting over 7,000 students and apprentices. Business Education in the UK across all areas is a £4bn+ pa industry and growing annually and at FI we feel we can offer our clients a great personalised service coupled with high-quality education.
This role presents the opportunity to join FI at an exciting time as we emerge from the challenges presented by COVID-19 stronger than ever, having recently won a new national client alongside growth in our Online and Public Sector offerings. The role is varied and the successful candidate can expect to be involved in the design, management and delivery of our apprenticeship programmes. We are open to candidates from a range of backgrounds and experience in the apprenticeship training sector and will work with the successful candidate to ensure that you have all the support needed to perform the role.
You will join at a point where you can help lead the delivery of our apprenticeship programmes to Online, Midlands and Public Sector learners. You will be supported to build and grow a team that is passionate about providing great learner support and ensure that we have everything needed in place to ensure the success of our learners.
If you are ambitious and passionate about providing a great service - this is the role for you.
Taking responsibility for making sure we provide a great educational experience for our apprentices. This would include:
- Monitoring programme aims and objectives - including the progression and achievement rates of learners
- Proactively working with the skills coach team to find ways to improve our service to apprentices
- Scheduling and planning the delivery of our "Impact Skills Programme" for FI Midlands
- Providing reports, analysis and recommendations to management/ Board on all quality and compliance matters for FI Online and Midlands
Ensuring the quality and compliance of apprenticeship delivery. This would include:
- Working with other teams to ensure our delivery meets OFSTED, ESFA and internal quality requirements
- Retaining full and up to date knowledge of apprenticeship funding regulations and guidance
- Ensuring that systems used for monitoring and tracking progress of our apprenticeships are fit for purpose and up to date
- Oversight of apprentice cohort allocation to Skills Coaches, and monitor to ensure appropriate workloads
- Attendance at monthly quality, finance and other governance meetings
Management of the Skills Coach team. You will build, manage and lead a team of coaches who provide critical support to the progression and completion of our apprentices. This would include:
- Recruiting and onboarding new coaches
- Supporting the Coach Team Lead with day to day line management
- Working with other FI Heads of Apprenticeships to adopt and share best practice in team training and development, and to manage short term gaps in coach demand across FI Limited
Supporting client engagement. You will work with the client team to help engage, inform and grow our client base. This would include:
- Providing information, advice and guidance to existing apprenticeship clients and apprentices and new potential employers
- Involvement in client engagement processes, ensuring pitch documents and contractual terms are compliant
- Supporting the Admissions Manager and Client Service teams in the review of client learner eligibility
- Assist Skills Coach team and other internal stakeholders with programme pathway planning
- Attendance at regional sales meetings
Administrative. We are a small, ambitious and growing company. As such you will also be required to perform a range of administrative tasks to ensure the efficient functioning of the team.
Skills and Expertise
Essential skills: (Newly) Qualified Accountant; Ability to collect, analyse and draw conclusions from data, Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and relationship building skills; Strong organisational and time management skills; Ability to build and manage a team with strong shared culture; A positive and solution focused attitude to work; Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads; Excellent attention to detail
Preferred skills: Knowledge of accountancy qualifications and training delivery; Detailed knowledge of apprenticeship funding requirements and guidance; Experience of coaching or supporting apprentices; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other commonly used office packages; Experience of using a CRM such as Salesforce or Administrate
Salary and Benefits
We expect the salary for this role to be starting from £45k-£55k, but flexible for the right candidate; Performance related bonus scheme aligned with growth targets; 30 days annual leave; Pension; Long term career prospects; Cycle to work scheme; Access to a range of discounts and employee perks via our employee perks programme.
Please note all potential employees are subject to a DBS check to ensure our learners' safety and this will be a mandatory requirement as part of final due diligence checks to the candidate offered the position.