Financial Accountant role offering between £50,000 - £55,000 per annum with a membership organisation
Your new company
For more than 100 years, the organisation's purpose has been to drive organisational excellence in all sectors for the benefit of society. Their aim is to help organisations deliver the very best for their consumers and stakeholders.
Your new role
You will work across all aspects of the financial reporting, planning and management cycle. This will include preparing income and tax-related month-end journals and balance sheet reconciliations for monthly management account reporting, management of the taxation requirements, involvement in the preparation of budgets and quarterly forecasts, and involvement with year-end statutory reporting and the audit.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will be a fully qualified accountant with a proven ability to deliver to challenging timetables in a pressurised environment. You will have excellent attention to detail, strong organisational skills and the ability to build productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, with a positive and problem-solving attitude. They are looking for a candidate who will be able to demonstrate:
- CCAB qualified (might consider part qualified)
- Experience of VAT returns, including complex partial exemption calculations.
- Knowledge of Charity Tax is desirable.
- Experience of PSA returns and Withholding Tax is desirable
- Excellent IT skills, Excel in particular.
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting time to join this organisation, and if you are successful, you will play a key part in supporting its ambitious goals and objectives. There's plenty of opportunity for people to gain new skills and work with different departments across the organisation. They pride themselves in fostering a culture of continuous improvement which means they put a strong focus on supporting staff development and have a generous budget to support that. In addition to your base salary, you will be offered:
- Hybrid work set up (expected to be in the office twice a week)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme - employer contribution of 4% in the first year, increasing to match the employee contribution up to a maximum of 10% after one year of service.
- Life assurance
- Annual Leave - 25 days per annum, increasing by one day each year up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata)
- Learning & Development
and many more
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.