Responsible for the monthly financial reporting of the Divisions in accordance with the Group timetable, both P&L and Balance Sheet
A Midlands based organisation is looking for a highly-driven individual to add value to the team as a Senior Finance Business Partner
- Support Head of Commercial Finance in delivering effective financial management across the division, with the overriding aim of improving the effectiveness of the Finance Business Partnering function in delivering its objectives.
- Ensuring team provides insightful monthly reporting, linking financial performance with commentary, ensuring the reporting is accurate and of high quality.
- Support the finance business partners to identify and implement opportunities to improve financial performance across the division, ensuring actions are in place to mitigate adverse budget variances and bring services back to Budget.
- Review and provide input for the preparation of financial and activities-based information across the division and regions - e.g., budgets, forecasts, management accounts and benchmarking.
- Line management of the Finance Business Partners (FBP), ensuring they are developed and motivated to drive business performance improvement. Support the finance business partners to identify and implement opportunities to improve financial performance across the division.
- Complete finance inductions for all new Finance Business Partners and other roles as required. Provide training sessions to support and up-skill workforce, including those with a non-finance background.
- Provide commercial support to the Head of Commercial Finance in tendering for new business opportunities, pricing exercises and contract renewals
- Support the Head of Commercial Finance to prepare business plans and undertake commercial evaluation of new unit opportunities and development plans for existing services in conjunction with operations.
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with post qualification consolidation experience and a strong commercial background
- Advanced communication skills with proven financial analysis experience
- The role requires interaction with senior stakeholders, therefore this person is expected to influence decision-making therefore must be confident, enthusiastic and communicative