Fantastic opportunity to join a market leading international financial services / insurance business in a newly created Business Partner role. Reporting to the Head of the department, you will have a great opportunity to shape the role and will have excellent exposure to key leaders across the business.
My client is an international, award winning financial services / insurance business with offices around the globe. They offer an excellent suite of benefits, first class career opportunities, and the ability to operate in a dynamic hybrid working environment, with on average 1 day per week in the office in Tunbridge Wells, with c4 days per week from home.
As the Senior Finance Business Partner / Senior Portfolio Finance Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the financial governance for your work-stream, ensuring development of the objectives of the team and the overall business, seeking to maximise return on investment.
You will partner closely with the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) and the Head of Expenses to drive the financial reporting, ensuring robust financial controls are in place, whilst working with stakeholders to implement change.
This is a key role which will support the business in delivering financial targets, and to be successful you will need to have the ability to work well under tight month-end deadlines, excellent communication skills and the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
* Reporting on financial business value across the portfolio and therefore maximising the return delivered from the investment made
* Work alongside the central finance team and the PMO to develop a comprehensive view of the investment portfolio ensuring appropriate Management information is produced to ensure the Sponsors can make the appropriate prioritisation decisions.
* Manage and report the strategic benefits management through identification (business cases) and implementation of evaluation, tracking and benefit realisation processes.
* Ensure financial accounting principles are adhered to ensure robustness, consistency and reliability in numbers reported, with appropriate connection and alignment into the Executive Expense Forum.
* Ensure financial reports / dashboards are produced
* Support internal divisions in reviewing their project financials answering queries and providing supporting information.
* Analyse data, identify trends, challenging content and producing reports with recommendations for action to improve data quality and deliver of outcome against agreed budget.
* Define and develop reports and ensure continual improvements are made.
* Document financial processes and governance
* Take responsibility for the processes employed by the finance domain and work with Finance/Vendor Management/Project and Enterprise portfolio office to ensure they remain current
* Ensure Purchase Orders process is constantly adhered to
* Take responsibility for month end activities
* Assist, support and influence divisional Finance Business Partners & Programme Managers during Budget and Forecasting process
* Manage Capitalisation schedule
* Recommend ways to improve the effectiveness of the domain through existing processes and procedures - and to implement agreed recommendations under the direction of the domain governance manager
* Ensure the Enterprise Portfolio SharePoint reflects accurate change in financial processes
* Define and develop appropriate financial controls, ensuring continual improvement
* Build effective, trusted partnership relationships with Business Partnering team and other related functions.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Finance Business Partner / Portfolio Finance Manager role will:
- Be fully Qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Have previous experience of portfolio financial management and working closely with change functions and Programme Management Office
- Have worked in a highly commercial environment
- Possess and in depth understanding of finance management best practice including budgetary control, resource management, finance reporting and supplier management processes
- Be very strong with the Microsoft Office Suite - particularly with Excel
- Have excellent written and face to face / video presentation skills
- Proven in the analysis of a broad range of management information, being able to identify recommended actions and developing reports that drive improvement
- Be able to build strong internal stakeholder relationships
There is a fantastic package available for the successful candidate including:
- Base salary of c£70,000
- Annual company and performance based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- Employee discounts
- Gym benefits