Great opportunity that has arisen due to organic growth within this Worcestershire based practice.
Perfectly suited to someone looking for long-term career progression in a firm!
The client is a unique tax advisory and accountancy practice within the region who specialise in the media, entertainment, and sports industries. Although clients within these sectors form much of our portfolio, we also have many clients in different sectors - such as property, fashion, technology etc. Due to the nature of our business and wide client base there will also be opportunities to get involved with various other aspects of tax advice, including general private client tax planning and corporate tax transactions.
- Dealing with complex tax matters and providing clear concise advice to clients.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and taking responsibility ensure any compliance deadlines are met and work completed to a high standard.
- Work and liaise with the clients directly to understand their requirements, and also identify areas where more detailed advice may be required.
- Liaising with internal teams (such as accounts, payroll, business management) to ensure clients affairs are co-ordinated and delivered on time.
- Identify opportunities for any additional services that clients may need and liaise with subject specialists.
- Being able to manage and navigate HMRC enquiries on behalf of clients.
- Providing guidance and assistance to junior members of the team, where needed.
- Responsibility for the billing of clients within your portfolio, and associated debt collection.
- Involvement with Business Development opportunities, and internal Tax Technical Training session.
This role would be suited to CTA (or equivalent) qualified individuals. Due to the nature of
our clients, a private client background would be preferable - and any corporate tax
knowledge would be helpful (but not essential).
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to undertake tax research and reach conclusions in order to communicate complex concepts to clients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in reviewing self-assessment tax returns.
- Develop, manage, and mentor junior members of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team work.
- Very organised in order to keep on top of workloads, including monitoring time charges and budgets.
- Clear route of progression to Senior Manager
- Bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Health care cashback plan
- Mobile phone
- Pension scheme
- Free parking