Corporate Finance & Forensic Services Executive
- Full Time
Harwood Hutton is a growing firm with c. 70 employees, and we have expanded significantly since we were formed back in 1957. Our size of firm means you get to know everyone and feel part of the Harwood Hutton family, and we are of a size where growth is supported and progression is encouraged, if this is a path you wish to follow.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of driven professionals helping to service our client base. This role encompasses timely and cost effective completion of Corporate Finance and Forensic assignments, mainly consisting of ad hoc projects as instructed by the Corporate & Forensic Services Partner.
This is a permanent full time position, based in our Beaconsfield office.
- Work on transactions such as acquisitions, disposals, corporate restructurings, due diligence, valuations, fund raising and other ad hoc projects.
- Preparation of forensic accounting reports, for example, loss quantification, business valuation and matrimonial disputes.
- Research and preparation of corporate finance bid/proposal documents and related documentation for Partner review.
- Build good rapport with the clients, with a clear understanding of client expectations.
- Attend training courses, keeping technical knowledge up to date.
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures.
- Agreement of assignment budgets with the Partner as work commences, regular monitoring of progress against budget and feedback to the Partner.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate responsibility and initiative, as far as experience allows, balanced with the need to keep the Corporate & Forensic Services Partner informed of actions and ensure his agreement.
- Possess the ability to understand complex challenges faced by clients and explain the solutions.
- Analytical and logical skills to understand key client and business issues and interpret financial data, understand complex business models and produce meaningful and concise reports
- Technical competence and experience: attention to detail in technical matters is a prerequisite
- Good communication skills (both in writing and orally)
- Technically up to date with awareness of relevant regulatory frameworks
- Professional and ethical skills, displaying integrity at all times
- Organised and able to manage own time and deadlines
- Good IT skills
- Ability to cope with pressure on projects sometimes requiring work beyond usual hours
- Flexible, adaptable and committed attitude
Education and Training:
- Finalist or newly qualified ACA/ACCA or equivalent.
- CPD to be maintained as required.
- Technical Research and other training will be available as required.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- AA breakdown cover
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Support Programme
- Six weeks company sick pay
- Our full-time working week is 37.5 hours, and should additional hours need to be worked, they are banked and can be taken later through our ‘Time Off In Lieu’ system.
- Core hours between 10am – 4pm and employees can choose their regular start and finish time around those hours (e.g. 8am-4pm with 30 min lunch, or 9am-5.30pm with an hour for lunch)
- Upon agreement and after successful probationary period, we offer a flexible home working policy covering up to two days per week
- Dress for your day - smart/casual dress code when not seeing clients.
- Employee and client referral bonus
- Social and sports activities including summer and Christmas parties, and payday drinks.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.