UK Accountant £40,000 - £50,000, Abingdon
Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company whose purpose is to create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry. The purpose of the role is to oversee the internal and external reporting for a number of companies and as such is required to be involved in the financial aspects of a variety of revenue and cost issues.
Your new role
A the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the monthly close process, ensuring all month-end duties are performed accurately and on-time including posting of monthly transactions including accruals
- Liaising with the business to ensure accuracy of Financial postings
- Calculation and posting of monthly tax
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and controls
- Act as key contact for Internal Tax & Treasury activities
- Production of the statutory financial statements and supplementary disclosures
- Responsibility for liaising with external auditors for Annual Statutory Accounts
- Manage the annual corporation tax return process, liaising with external tax advisors.
- Assisting EU Indirect Tax Accountants with compliance activities
- Liaising with third party Advisors on accounting activities
- Contribution to Finance led projects
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate, you will need:
- High level of financial awareness
- Exposure to an operational finance department or extensive audit background
- Part qualified Accountant or finalist
- Ability to network effectively, and form working relationships and influence non-Finance colleagues
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and prioritising skills with the ability to deliver against deadlines
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.