Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Head of FP&A required for leading South London Housing Association
ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
Leading South London Housing Association are looking to recruit a Head of Financial Planning & Analysis candidate on a permanent basis.
The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis will play a pivotal role before and after merger mapping the future financial plan of the newly formed organisation.
You will manage and maintain a comprehensive and effective financial planning service; demonstrate Group's continuing financial viability through economic and business cycles; support prudent use of Group financial capacity to deliver charitable objects, provide financial assurance over capital investment programme; frame and evaluate strategic financial choices, share insights to help senior management make key financial decisions.
- Lead an engaged and high performing FP&A team; set team direction and manage workflow; prioritise tasks to meet key milestones; review team outputs & apply judgement as required showcasing the highest professional standards, culture of continuous improvement and exemplary organisation CORE values
- Act as expert source of relevant strategic financial knowledge covering regulatory, sector and peer group publications, credit ratings agencies and investment analysts research; undertake peer group financial benchmarking and provide insightful commentary; interpret market signals, bring strategic viewpoints into the planning and investment appraisal cycles
- Maintain stakeholder relationships; understand business-wide financial needs; identify competing demands for finite financial resources; bring analytical perspectives to help senior management evaluate trade-offs and consider financial options enabling Group to achieve the best overall outcome for its charitable objects
- Strong track record in FP&A including long term financial planning and development scheme investment appraisals
- Knowledge of financial reporting, financial benchmarking, interpretation and analysis of financial statements and metrics
- Understanding of development projects' financial components and their impact on scheme viability, valuations and return calculations
- Experience of UK social housing or residential property development is desirable
- Experience of credit rating agency methodology and processes is desirable
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) is desirable
- Professional qualification in banking, accounting, treasury or equivalent (such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CF, ACT, ACIB) or qualified by experience
- Excellent report-writing and presentation skills
- Manage, motivate and develop staff to higher performance, focusing them on successful outcomes and deliver excellent customer service
- Adapt with changing priorities to suit business need, using strong organisational skills to prioritise tasks and manage team delivery across a varied workload
- Source, organise, analyse and assess complex numerical and financial information, including critically reviewing development viability reports
Buy & Sell annual leave
Cycle to work scheme
Healthcare cash plan