EMEA GL Accountant (MAT Cover)
An opportunity based in Reading, to manage day to day activities in relation to a portfolio of EMEA entities, whilst supporting non-financial business functions located within the EMEA region. Combined with ongoing assessment of Internal Control procedures and a chance to implement new processes.
Our client is based in Reading, and is a multinational organisation that is looking for a like-minded candidate to join their committed, hardworking and passionate work environment. They believe in openness, teamwork and are looking for an experienced EMEA Accountant to join them.
This is a 9 month role, in a Reading based company. Looking for someone to be responsible for;
- Ensure continuous management of a portfolio of EMEA entities.
- Taking own initiative in financial controls and implementation throughout EMEA to improve standards or reporting.
- Daily liaison with teams based in the UK & supporting business functions located within the EMEA region
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations, GL and completion of a month-end for EMEA entities.
- Ensuring a high level of compliance with GAAP, SOX and local laws.
- The successful candidate will be, a qualified accountant; with experience preferably with a US multinational company and with EMEA experience.
- They will have experience of taking ownership of balance sheets, GL and working in a large finance team for a medium/large sized company, and an ability to communicate efficiently with different levels of staff.
- The candidate should have a positive attitude, be a team player, and be able to work independently and within tight time lines.
- Be flexible to work in the Reading based office 3 days per week, with 2 days from home.
- Available to start working in September to complete a full handover.
- Salary up to £60,000
- Flexible working
- Exposure & Ownership across EMEA