You will support the reporting of management information for a group of companies. Management information includes the production of monthly accounts for the business and maintenance of key financial processes to ensure reporting accuracy.
Large retail business based in the Midlands.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts for allocated Group companies including completion of variance Analysis on key P&L accounts
- Support the production of store P&L accounts and the process to answer store P&L queries as required
- Take ownership of key P&L accounts (e.g. Rates) and ensure accuracy of monthly provisions of store costs
- Support process improvements in existing processes as directed by the Supervisor
- Ensure that all possible interfaces are in place, always looking for more efficient systems to stop manual intervention throughout the department, working with Head of Financial Accounting
- Monitoring all overheads and looking at ways to streamline and save money
- Identifying ways to reduce journal count to produce monthly accounts
- Striving to automate or simplify processes.
- An eye for detail, commercially minded and passionate about adding value
- Ability to work in a high pressured ever evolving environment
- Must be able to multi-task, manage several deliverables simultaneously, work independently and be extremely flexible in order to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Microsoft Office, Word, Powerpoint (Desirable)
- Oracle experience would be an advantage.
Competitive salary and benefits.