Indirect Tax Compliance - Onboarding Delivery - Senior Associate
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Our Tax Compliance team is a leading provider of technology enabled compliance and integrated advisory services, working across an unrivalled range of prestigious clients. The variety of work, size of our team and focus on learning and development brings about opportunities to specialise in particular industries or technical areas.PwC are the market leaders in global Indirect Tax compliance services, providing services to many of the firm’s largest and most important clients. We provide clients with Indirect tax compliance services Globally with a key focus in EMEA. Our team is agile and open to new ways of working. The investment in automation and robotics enables us to be at the forefront of change and innovation. Together, we produce technical excellence, innovative solutions and an outstanding client experience.
Within our Compliance Technology & Services team in Birmingham we are looking for an individual with an interest in developing their experience in indirect tax compliance and developing a career within an established team.
The senior associate will play an integral role in delivering a best in class On-boarding function.This includes the implementation of PwC’s industry leading VAT reporting technology. The post holder will support the On- boarding manager in ensuring the successful implementation and operation of ITX Compliance On-boarding activities, with a focus on global MNC client facing, data transformation, project delivery, relationship management and best practice, ensuring that ITX Compliance clients experience driven, effective and innovative on-boarding solutions.
Compliance clients experience driven, effective and innovative on-boarding solutions.
The role provides a fantastic opportunity to develop your professional career within a progressive and diverse ITX Compliance community in a client facing professional services environment. The role will enable the post holder to further develop their international ITX Compliance and data transformation related skills
whilst utilising their existing expertise to implement and deliver a leading
offering for PwC.
Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to work on ad-hoc global Indirect Tax compliance projects, wider Indirect Tax process projects and assisting clients on issues such as overseas registrations, e-filing, potential impact of new overseas Indirect Tax legislation and tax authority audit support etc.
This role provides the successful candidate with an unparalleled opportunity to build global VAT technical skills, global Indirect Tax compliance awareness and the experience of working on complex and challenging assignments. This is an excellent platform for furthering your career within Indirect Tax and opportunities for training are available.
Successful candidates will need to possess and demonstrate a broad range of capabilities and skills, including:
- Team player committed to working collaboratively across the ITX Compliance CoE team, sharing knowledge, supporting business challenges outside your immediate team.
- Developing relationships to effectively deliver positive outcomes across the business and externally.
- Trusted advisor who provides balanced, impartial and pragmatic advice to all stakeholders in a complex client on-boarding based and technical matrix environment
- Commercial mind-set and strong analytical and technology skills, interpreting client ITX compliance needs and delivering business solutions cost effectively; providing the On-boarding Leadership with valuable recommendations for improvements and clients service benefits
- Excellent problem solver and client facing ITX compliance transitional / transformation delivery
- Previous experience of the implementation of VAT reporting technology is desirable
- Professional, confident and open minded individual who demonstrates the PwC behaviours at all times
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate, inspire and develop less experienced team members to achieve operational excellence both in stable and challenging situations, whilst still delivering on time and on budget.
EMEA VAT knowledge, Basic Accounting knowledge PRINCE2, PMP, MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.