Risk Business Partner
As a Risk Business Partner you will be reporting into the Head of Risk and be the point of contact for all collaboration with the Commercial Lines of this Global Insurance provider.
The client are a global provider of Insurance
The Risk Business Partners responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Providing the first point of contact for all collaboration with Commercial Lines and other business areas as required.
- With particular emphasis on Commercial Lines, identifying, evaluating and supporting local SME's in managing external and internal risks, the likely effect of these risks and a range of controls measures monitoring the success of these measures.
- Using initiative and discretion in dealing with risk matters of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Driving through solutions and ensuring that risks are managed effectively.
- Providing the 2nd line of defence role over the 1st line of defence.
- Operate as the recognised Company 2LOD expert for Commercial Lines and advise, train and educate staff, at all levels, on risk matters.
The successful Risk Business Partner should demonstrate;
- Demonstrable risk management experience, with a strong appreciation of key facets of a risk management framework.
- Previous experience in a 2nd Line of Defence role.
- High standard of written and verbal communication and the ability to understand and explain sometimes complex details and concepts to all staff levels.
- Think independently & have the courage and conviction to challenge assumptions.
- Someone who can influence the 1st Line and in particular senior management.
- Relationship builder that understands the importance of working with the 1st Line in a collaborative manner.
- Able to guide others in resolving complex issues utilising risk management expertise.
- Comfortable working on own initiative, and independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Fluent within a risk and control environment and experience of assurance work.
The successful Risk Business Partner will receive;
- Part of a friendly and motivated team with development opportunities
- 36.25 working hours per week
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4 times salary Group Life Assurance
- 7.5% minimum employer pension contribution to maximum of 9% (employee required to contribute minimum 1.5%)
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailers