Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager South Leeds
Financial Reporting Manager - Leeds Hybrid Working
A career development opportunity within a leading care service provider based on the outskirts of Leeds
I'm working with a great commercial organisation operating as a Charity & Social Housing Association. It's an exciting time for the organisation as they have recently relocated their head office and are successfully achieving growth in line with their Strategic Plan.
Due to this expansion they are looking to recruit a Financial Reporting Manager to lead the reporting team to produce monthly management accounts, annual statutory accounts and other financial reporting. Leading a team of 3 the role holder will provide leadership, guidance and development for the team alongside continual development of the reporting, controls and processes within the team including financial processes and systems. There will be the opportunity to lead on finance projects and as a key part of the finance leadership team will support the delivery of the strategic plan, and help create the right environment and culture for the team, deputising for the Head of Finance as appropriate.
- You will be a qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience.
- Experienced in leading and developing teams
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal.
- A good understanding of financial control and process improvement.
- Experience of managing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Experience of managing a year-end and in particular managing the relationship with auditors
- An eye for detail with good data analysis skills.
- Ability to coach, train and influence other colleagues and managers.
- Able to deliver on deadlines, prioritising tasks and projects appropriately.
- Good project management skills.
- A proactive and adaptable approach.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience of working in the social care, housing or charity sector.
- A good working knowledge of any relevant financial regulatory and taxation requirements.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced organisation.
- Experience of Sage 200.
- Experience of business intelligence software, such as Power BI.
- Full UK driving licence.