My client is looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to support the Finance Director and Senior Management team with their expanding range of projects in the UK and internationally. This role will work closely with Commercial and Central Services teams.
My client, who operates within the temporary structures business, plays an integral role in supporting some of the biggest entertainment events in the UK and internationally. They have recently provided support for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, Silverstone, The Queen's Jubilee, as well as Parklife Festival and Adele's world tour. Having recently secured new business in Saudi Arabia, they are now looking to reach a turnover of £50million in the next 3-5 years - with this role playing a key part in this growth.
As a Commercial Manager, your duties will include, but may not be limited to;
- Preparing tenders for clients and commercial bids to help bring in new business.
- Discussing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating the terms of business contracts.
- Managing budgets and dealing with any extras, variations and unexpected costs.
- Ensure contracts and procurement are carried out in accordance with Company procedures.
- Liaising with technical and financial staff, sub-contractors, legal teams and the client's own representatives.
- Overseeing invoicing during the life cycle of a project.
- Issuing purchase orders to suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Negotiating with suppliers to achieve improvement on lead times; negotiating pricing and commercial terms with suppliers.
- Working on projects to deliver cost downs and supply chain improvements ensuring that there is a robust buying structure in place going forward.
- Helping lead the Quality Management ISO 9001.
- Maintain the WAP purchasing system.
- Company Insurance/Cars administration.
- RICS Qualified, with post-qualification experience.
- Detailed understanding of legal documentation.
- Post contract commercial management experience.
- Construction/events industry understanding/experience beneficial.
- Business management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and thrive for continuous development.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Exposure to Sage 200 (desirable).
- Competitive salary.
- Hybrid working arrangement.
- 5 weeks holiday.
- Pension plan (5% matched)