Financial Reporting Specialist- first time mover role
The successful candidate will deliver and take ownership of a specialist service within agreed internal and external process, procedure, timescales and expectations. They will be trusted to deliver a quality and specialist experience, always acting responsibly and communicating clearly.
Growing utilities business.
- Advising on the roll out of any new accounting standards. Interpreting and disseminating Group Accounting and external body guidance, establishing training and supporting processes for the rest of finance. Maintaining Accounting Policies and Manuals and providing expert accounting advice to all parts of the Business.
- Preparation of quarterly, half yearly and annual reporting to stakeholders, regulatory and statutory bodies.
- Manage the external audit process, including the external audit of financial returns submitted to Ofgem and the banks, resolving queries and issues raised by auditors and regulatory bodies.
- Assisting with consolidated reporting on a monthly basis, including management of the close cycle, operation of consolidation systems and related adjustments, ensuring our reporting system functionality is maximised including its use within management and regulatory reporting.
- Supporting the financial reporting team with key accounting areas including; tracking level of distributable reserves accounting for benefit pension plan, supporting treasury refinancing requirements, assisting with covenant compliance with loan documents and pension trustees and supporting the dividend payment process.
- Proactively building own knowledge of Financial Reporting, Treasury and Regulatory Reporting and its impact on the industry and business in order to support key decisions and advise and guide own business area.
- Proactively contribute to the development of a highly motivated, innovative and customer focused Finance team.
- Supporting the delivery of change across Finance and the business, embracing new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
- Assisting the high-quality documenting of end-to-end processes and controls to meet controls teams and Regulatory compliance requirements. Ensuring governance and internal financial control over processes are robust.
- Qualified Accountant with a UK recognised body or equivalent (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Detailed technical knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP with experience of applying principles in complex situations.
- Ability to adapt your approach to suit dynamic regulatory landscape
- Ability to approach complex problems in a methodical and logical manner and to apply technical expertise and knowledge of standards to new areas where there is potentially limited guidance.
- Demonstrating the initiative in investigating issues and thinking outside the box.
- Experience of Governance, risk and internal control frameworks.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the business.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical matters to stakeholders across the business.
- Working knowledge of Planning, forecasting and budgeting
- An understanding of the commercial and risk impact of any actions and the appropriate business recommendations related to these, and an understanding of who the real decision makers are, and how this impacts on getting things done.
- Ability to manage risk, understand in-depth financial information and have commercial acumen that can be used to make meaningful insights to drive business growth in a safe and transparent environment
- Good presentation and report writing skills.
Excellent package and salary.
Fantastic opportunities to progress and develop.