Unique Finance Manager opportunity managing a portfolio of clients, predominantly in the renewable energy sector. This is a varied and hands-on role, which offers a blend of reporting, and commercial and strategic responsibilities. You will have direct exposure to senior stakeholders, presenting to board and influencing key decision making.
My client is a successful professional services business, with clients in both the public and private sector. They offer full autonomy and flexibility to the Finance Manager to manage their own workload, with an excellent support network and wider finance team nationwide.
As Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Management of a portfolio of clients, operating as the day-to-day finance lead
- Review of monthly management accounts, adding appropriate commentary
- Regular review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage business planning process
- Presenting to board and answering any queries
- Manage key stakeholder relationships
- Contribute to the preparation of the Board report
- Advise on risks and opportunities and make recommendations for improvements and actions
- Manage the financial aspects of projects commercial activities
- Manage the statutory audit process and approval of the statutory accounts
- Review budgets and reconcile to financial model
- Participate in the development of the finance function
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory frameworks and procedures
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Experience presenting to senior stakeholders - an ability to communicate with and influence non-finance stakeholders
- Ability to manage own workload
- Strong Excel skills
- Proactive and commercially minded
In return, the client is offering a competitive salary c£55-60k (doe) + an excellent wider package. You also have the option to work from home up to 5 days a week.