6 month FTC- Management Accountant role £50,000
6 month interim MA role starting ASAP You must be fully qualified to apply for this accounting role
Hays are currently recruiting for a 6-month interim Management Accountant.
- Paying £50,000
- 1 stage interview process in person as soon as next week
- 6-month contract to help with team restructure & workload
- 3 days a week required in their office- you can choose which days you go in
- leading the monthly production of the International management accounts and the reconciliation of the balance sheet
The Management Accountant is responsible for leading the monthly production of the management accounts and the reconciliation of the balance sheet. Hybrid working applies to this role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Accurate and timely preparation of the monthly management accounts for European entities.
· Partner with non-finance stakeholders to aid understanding of results and overall control of costs.
· Oversight of fixed asset accounting.
· Overseeing the preparation of month-end information for the external accounting teams and responsibility for follow-up queries.
· Preparation of prepayments and accruals where not covered by the external accountants.
· Overseeing cashbooks and daily cashflow information.
· Overseeing store chargeback process, oversight of store query resolution.
· Overseeing reconciliation of all contractual turnover and commissions.
Organising annual audit where applicable.
· Overseeing store turnover submissions and turnover rent calculations where applicable.
· Assisting with the arranging of store stock takes and updating of the stock system.
Also providing support on "Flushovers" and pricebook changes.
· Assistance with annual budgets and reforecasts.
· Reconciliation and submission of the VAT accounts and regulatory reporting.
· Ensuring the reconciliations of all control accounts are completed on an agreed cycle.
· Experience with ERP systems - ideally, Prima, Open Accounts, Business Objects and Hyperion.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
· Previous experience in a Finance role within a Retail environment desirable.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of stakeholders across the business.
· Able to identify problems both broadly and in depth ensuring a pragmatic approach to meeting challenges.
· Proven ability in producing accurate work with attention to detail.
· Adaptable: can adopt a flexible approach to work and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst ensuring objectives are met.
· Inquisitive mindset with proven ability to add value to the business
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.