OMB Tax Manager
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is "To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day"? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is "Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award-winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK and the Nordics. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across over 80 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
To get the job that you'll love
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We're looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
You will be expected to provide a range of tax services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. Our clients come from all industries, so exposure to multiple sectors would be a distinct advantage. More specifically this would include handling and/or managing the tax compliance process (corporate and personal) for your nominated clients, liaising with clients to resolve queries, communicating with internal departments to ensure deadlines are met and overseeing client portfolios to ensure HMRC deadlines are met. Tax advisory services will also be an important part of the role and assisting the partners in delivery of advisory projects.
We encourage our tax team to develop tax planning specialisms so that we can deliver high quality advice to clients and so that you can develop a niche for yourself. Leveraging off an excellent client base, you will have exposure to tax advisory projects which you will either lead or play a significant role in.
In terms of qualifications, we want to ensure we are offering the best service to our customers. An accountancy/tax qualification such as CTA, ACA or ACCA and several years of tax experience are essential for this role. The successful appointment will have a collaborative outlook with a process mindset. You will have the opportunity to mentor and manage a team as well as prospect to grow the team further.
A note from the Hiring Manager
"This is an exciting time to join our ever growing Tax team in the Midlands. If you're looking for a new challenge in an exciting team with lots of opportunity for growth, this is the role for you. "
What's in it for you?
- 33 days annual leave (31 for Students with study package and 38 for Partners) inc. bank holidays
- Birthday Day off
- Lead Incentive Scheme (applicable to up to and including Associate Director level)
-We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio.
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Private Medical Cover (applicable to Director/Partner level)
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 3 months, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility) and our Adoption Leave policy follows the same arrangements.
- Flexible Working - Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Benefits Portal
- Access to our YuLife wellbeing app – Includes EAP, 24/7 GP access, retail vouchers and discounts, free digital will writing, discounted gym memberships etc.
- Paid sick leave
- Career Coaching
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program - For you and your family.
- Dress for your day
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities and Study Support