Interim Head of Finance
Interim Head of Finance opportunity available. Public Sector Organisation based in Manchester.
My client is a large, prestigious public sector organisation based in the Manchester area looking a Head of Finance to support in the interim whilst they recruit for the permanent position. They are offering up to £56,857 equivalent on a daily rate and offering a hybrid working style.
The responsibilities of an Interim Head of Finance include but are not limited to actively working with the senior leadership team to develop their financial awareness and understanding of their area in the context of the organisation and to help them drive appropriate actions. Work with the senior leadership team in all financial planning, budget and forecast processes and consolidate results for their areas. Prepare and review the monthly management accounts alongside senior leadership team, provide insightful management information and financial analysis and deliver to tight deadlines. Provide support to the Senior Head of Finance on the commercial areas of the organisation with financial analysis/modelling of commercial deals and decision support. Work with the Leadership Teams to take appropriate action to deliver budget results and to ensure that the full financial implications of initiatives, including financial risks, are fully understood and appropriately managed. Work with the Directorate teams to develop a clear understanding of the drivers of business performance in order to enhance financial forecasting and decision making, including the optimal prioritisation of resources.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA or CIPFA) ESSENTIAL
- Proven ability to lead, manage, develop and motivate a professional team ESSENTIAL
- Significant experience of working in an accounts preparation role with strong analytical skills and delivering an exceptional customer service to stakeholders ESSENTIAL
- Significant relevant experience in a senior financial leadership role in a large, complex, devolved organisation ESSENTIAL
- Be immediately available or on a weeks notice period ESSENTIAL
- Have worked in a Public Sector organisation previously DESIRABLE
Up to £56,857 on a daily rate + Interim Head of Finance opportunity + weekly pay + flexible working + Immediate start