Project Accountant - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Qualified Accountant to join a leading professional services business in Sheffield. The client requires a Project Accountant for a 12 month period to start between now and the end of October.
A leading professional services business in Sheffield.
This role will support an international system implementation project reconciling financial balances and cleansing financial data in preparation for the transition and post go-live. The role will provide critical support to the local finance teams and wider project team to rectify issues and other ad-hoc investigatory projects as they arise.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing group and local trial balances for a variety of entities in different countries
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysing variances between group and local balances along with supporting reports
- Discussing the balances and reconciliations with local finance teams to understand then and agree if cleansing is required
- Following up with the local finance team to ensure any corrective journals have been posted and balances are clean
- Contributing to the regular project progress reports sent to the Controller and to the project board
- Maintaining the momentum of the project pre and post go-live
- Providing critical care and support post go-live of the system implementation.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Have a strong technical background
- Able to handle multiple priorities at any one time
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Be able to build and maintain strong productive relationships
- Advanced excel skills.
- 12 month fixed term contract
- £45,000 - £55,000 per annum depending on experience
- Hybrid working with 50% of the working week in the office (2 days one week and 3 the next)
- Start within the next two months.